Gransnet forums

Pets

Cats

(20 Posts)
Moggycuddler Fri 07-May-21 10:53:55

Here's my sweet little girl Jinx. How can some people say that black cats are not beautiful, or you can't take good photos of them?

FannyCornforth Fri 07-May-21 10:55:30

Sooo glossy! Beautiful green eyes too ?

Charleygirl5 Fri 07-May-21 12:06:27

A beautiful baby girl. I could not adopt a black cat because I am partially sighted and Tara my last cat, mainly black but with white areas on her tum learnt the hard way when she was lying on her tum and I stepped on her accidentally in the dark.

Jinx has gorgeous eyes.

Grandmajean Fri 07-May-21 12:09:51

I ,too, have a beautiful rescue black cat. Wish I knew how to post a pic - have some on phone but use desk top computer for Gransnet and don't know how to transfer.

Alima Fri 07-May-21 12:10:33

Obviously an opinion held by people who don’t know any better. Jinx is beautiful.

SueDonim Fri 07-May-21 13:49:39

That’s a magnificent cat, Moggycuddler, an absolute stunner! ?

Gwyneth Fri 07-May-21 13:53:52

Black cats are beautiful and your Jinx is gorgeous moggycuddler.

Aveline Fri 07-May-21 13:57:12

Oh Charleygirl your poor old puss. I bet you felt awful about it.
It's bad enough sitting pinned down by a sleeping cat and feeling bad about disturbing it when you absolutely have to get up!

Grandma70s Fri 07-May-21 14:07:15

Aveline

Oh Charleygirl your poor old puss. I bet you felt awful about it.
It's bad enough sitting pinned down by a sleeping cat and feeling bad about disturbing it when you absolutely have to get up!

This reminded me of my brother, who when asked to do something as a teenager would say “ I can’t get up, the cat’s on my knee”.

My aunt had a gorgeous black Persian cat. I used to look after him if she went away. He slept in my bedroom and would wake me up (too early!) by sitting on my face.

GagaJo Fri 07-May-21 14:23:06

Gorgeous regal boy. I have had a few black cats. The first was tiny but ferocious. I had her and 3 boys and she ruled the roost with a rod of iron. I also had a lovely big, fat, dim, black male cat. Super sweet and cuddly, but defo short on brains.

I wear a lot of black and black cat hair is a lot easier to deal with than white or multicoloured!

avitorl Fri 07-May-21 15:45:15

I adopted my black cat from the Cats' Protection nearly 2 years ago. I went determined to have a black cat because I was so sad when I heard how difficult it is to find a home for them just because of their colour.
When I was introduced to her she immediately curled up on my knee and it was love at first sight for both of us.
I wasn't so in love with her yesterday though when she brought a bird home for me.Sadly the bird didn't survive the ordeal.

joannapiano Fri 07-May-21 16:12:02

My Cats’Protection cat is very dark tortoiseshell but has a bright ginger tip to her tail, so we can spot her in the garden. She was a stray who had kittens very young and was trying to look after them on the streets.

LadyGracie Fri 07-May-21 18:31:04

Paddy my gardening assistant.

grandtanteJE65 Sat 08-May-21 12:24:23

This little poppet is a stray. He has managed to persuade our elderly cat that they can be friends.

Our Trold lost his brother three years ago, and spent the time since chasing all strange cats to kingdom come.

This one is the exception. He is allowed to sleep in the workshop, hunt in the garden, eat his dinner there or in the workshop and cuddle me!

He is neither chipped nor has a tattoo and no-one has reacted to notifications on Facebook and a poster on the local shops notice boards. Obviously, no-one wants him.

He is house-trained and not afraid of DH and me, though he is scared of dogs. Don't have one, so no problem there.

grandtanteJE65 Sat 08-May-21 12:36:50

Sorry about the missing apostrophe! I meant shops' notice boards!

Aveline Sat 08-May-21 13:41:05

It's funny isn't it how sometimes cats just seem to make friends with some cats but not others. DD's Ragdoll has a Bengal pal and they sit about companionably together. The Bengal just lets himself in and out of the house whenever he fancies. The two of them look so funny happily settled on the garden trampoline. All other cats are chased away!

Puzzler61 Sat 08-May-21 13:48:00

Jinx is so beautiful and I find black cats in general adorable.
We had a black cat from a kitten and she lived to the ripe old age of 20. She went from being a bit of a feisty farm kitty to a lie-in-your-arms or anywhere as long as she was right by you sweet darling.
Our family loved her dearly.
Gorgeous cat photo’s on this thread.

Grandmajean Sat 08-May-21 19:17:04

Jack, my black rescue cat.

grandtanteJE65 Thu 13-May-21 13:34:23

Aveline, my two sit around companionly doing nothing as far as I can see, then disappear together presumably taken a census of the local mouse population!

I have known dogs too, that detested one particular dog on sight, or made friends immediately with a strange dog.

We had a blackbird in the garden who apparently was on friendly terms with both cats - neither of whom were card carrying members of the society for the protection of birds. As far as I know the blackbird died of old age.

I have even heard of a fox terrier that had a friend that was a rat!

In the dire frost and snow in February, a small bird chose to live in the workshop and risk being caught by the cat, rather than risk freezing to death outside overnight.

PinkCakes Sat 29-May-21 22:45:30

Gorgeous cats on here.

This is my Mr Cooper. He's an old boy now, about 17 we think.