Gransnet forums

Pets

My cats friend.

(13 Posts)
annsixty Wed 22-Sep-21 14:34:36

My little cat Molly had a friend or possibly enemy in a cat named Charlie.
He was a cross between a Maine coon and a
Persian.
He has been killed by a car this morning a few yards from my home.
He was a wanderer and everyone knew him, he would walk into my house and eat Molly’s food while she sat and watched him, then she would chase him out and they would scrap.
I am upset for his owners and more than a little sad for myself.

Septimia Wed 22-Sep-21 14:41:17

Ah, that's sad. I expect Molly will miss him, too.

JaneJudge Wed 22-Sep-21 14:46:52

Oh how sad sad

FannyCornforth Wed 22-Sep-21 14:55:00

Oh no, poor cat

Trisha57 Wed 22-Sep-21 15:02:11

Very sad. flowers

downtoearth Wed 22-Sep-21 19:21:49

RIP Charlie...your friend Molly will miss you??

maddyone Wed 22-Sep-21 19:45:36

Ahh, very sad. I remember you getting Molly a while ago. She will miss Charlie, as will you.

grandtanteJE65 Thu 23-Sep-21 11:50:44

I feel for you and Molly. My cat was put to sleep a month ago, and his dear friend who was fast becoming our new house cat was killed by a car early Saturday morning.

The blasted driver hadn't the decency to stop and check whether Sirius, who had his collar with phone number and address on it, was alive and suffering or dead.

The cat had died instantly, which helps a bit I suppose. I hope Charlie didn't suffer either.

Aveline Thu 23-Sep-21 12:24:09

Oh that's awful annsixty and grandtanteJE65 I'm so very sad to hear about your poor cat. You must be feeling devastated. I loved hearing about him and his predecessor. thanksflowersthanks

CherylObrien85 Wed 13-Oct-21 12:03:47

That's a piece of unhappy news! Hope your cat finds another friend soon.

annsixty Wed 13-Oct-21 12:13:43

A second cat has been killed since I posted that and another has lost a leg.
We have so many young people speeding with radios blaring on our estate, people are starting to keep their cats in as much as they can.

sodapop Wed 13-Oct-21 12:20:59

I'm so sorry annsixty Charlie sounded like a real character.

My daughter said she would not have any more cats after her last two rescues. Traffic has increased where she lives and she likes her cats to be able to go outside.
I'm so glad we live in a very rural area with little traffic.

Juicywords Wed 13-Oct-21 12:25:22

Our first cat was sadly killed by a car. It’s really fortunate that our current cat is totally scared of the road and cars, so he’s managed to live to 12 years so far.

The only time I saw him in the road was when he was being chased by an aggressive fox (during the daytime), all the way up the road to a busy roundabout. Luckily he survived that encounter, but we thought he’d had his chips. He didn’t return home for another 3 hours, and we were so pleased to see him back ?