Gransnet forums

Pets

Dog Barking Every Night

(4 Posts)
beautybumble Sat 21-May-22 21:28:00

Every single night somewhere between midnight and 3am, there is dog barking for ages. It lives nearby but I don't know exactly where. The owners maybe let it out when they get home and they never try to stop it. I get so angry at being woken up and then having to listen to it for goodness knows how long. All the other neighbours must hear it too, but so far no-one has done anything about it. I can't report it or confront them as I have no idea where they live. It's been going on for a couple of years. I feel so sorry for the dog.

grandtanteJE65 Sun 22-May-22 12:55:38

Have you asked your neighbours if they hear the dog too, and if they know whose it is?

As you say, you cannot be the only one who hears it.

If no-one knows whose animal it is, then one or two of you will need to take a walk or a drive round the area while it is barking to find out, so you can report it.

I am not sure it will do any good though - it sounds a little odd reporting it now, when it has been going on for so long.

Germanshepherdsmum Sun 22-May-22 18:04:44

I really would try to find out whose dog this is. I know it means walking round in the early hours, but if you can identify the dog you might be able to identify the problem. The owners might work night shifts and it might bark when they leave. Or they may be shutting it out at night and it's barking to come in - leaving it to bark as some people leave a baby to cry. When you know who owns the dog you can have a word with them and find out what's causing it. If they work nights they may be totally unaware of the problem. If they couldn't care less about the dog then I would report it to the local authority and, if the dog isn't being properly cared for, to the RSPCA. This has gone on for too long and needs to be addressed, for your sake and the dog's.

Iam64 Sun 22-May-22 18:32:56

Germanshepherdsmum

I really would try to find out whose dog this is. I know it means walking round in the early hours, but if you can identify the dog you might be able to identify the problem. The owners might work night shifts and it might bark when they leave. Or they may be shutting it out at night and it's barking to come in - leaving it to bark as some people leave a baby to cry. When you know who owns the dog you can have a word with them and find out what's causing it. If they work nights they may be totally unaware of the problem. If they couldn't care less about the dog then I would report it to the local authority and, if the dog isn't being properly cared for, to the RSPCA. This has gone on for too long and needs to be addressed, for your sake and the dog's.

Exactly this
Also, talk with your neighbours. It’s likely you aren’t the only one being disturbed.