Gransnet forums

Pets

little body suit for small female dog after spraying surgery

(7 Posts)
busybee6969 Wed 03-Apr-24 21:44:19

hi getting my new small 7kg female dog sprayed soon, doing it keyhole surgery for faster recovery,what is best place to buy a little suit to put on to protect the small stitchs,thank you,ones from the vets are very expensive

LadyGaGa Wed 03-Apr-24 22:05:44

There’s a good choice on Amazon - lots of different sizes, often with next day delivery. Hope your little dog will get well soon!

Moonwatcher1904 Wed 03-Apr-24 22:11:59

I don't know if it's any help but my friend's little dog had major surgery and she got some babygrows and vests. She cut them so they would fit. You could probably get some in a market or charity shop. It's just a suggestion.

25Avalon Wed 03-Apr-24 22:33:02

When my lab was spayed using keyhole surgery the vet supplied a body suit that she came home in and we kept. Mind you I came down in the morning to find the body suit in a neat pile in the corner of her pen! It was much nicer than a cone, just she could have done with a slightly smaller suit. Why don’t you check with your vet to see if they will be supplying one?

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 04-Apr-24 01:04:30

MissOops dog has had a few ops and the vet has supplied the body suits.

shysal Thu 04-Apr-24 08:04:00

I have some little dog suits from Ebay for my cats in case they have wounds to be protected. As a 'belt and braces' precaution I also use bitter apple spray to stop licking should they wriggle out of them. It is very effective.
www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=grannicks+bitter+apple+spray&_sacat=0&_sop=15

Astitchintime Thu 04-Apr-24 08:10:23

Moonwatcher1904

I don't know if it's any help but my friend's little dog had major surgery and she got some babygrows and vests. She cut them so they would fit. You could probably get some in a market or charity shop. It's just a suggestion.

A Moonwatcher suggests, why not try a charity shop first? This will support another charity too.
Alternatively, ask around locally to see if any young mums could donate some redundant baby vests/babygrows.