Gransnet forums

Pictures

Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max).

Snowy this morning

(41 Posts)
tanith Wed 28-Feb-18 06:42:26

Just gonna get on my boots etc and take a walk before it all gets messed up ??

chelseababy Wed 28-Feb-18 06:43:46

Virgin snow is beautiful. Enjoy your walk.

BlueBelle Wed 28-Feb-18 06:43:50

Well you ll mess it up ???

NanKate Wed 28-Feb-18 06:48:57

Light snow in south Bucks today but bitterly cold.

Thanks for the photo Tanith perhaps in the spring when the daffodils are out you could post another photo. Roll on the warmer weather.

annsixty Wed 28-Feb-18 07:00:54

With my current tablet I can't post pictures (don't know why) but it is beautiful here in Stockport.
According to my tablet it is -7°, so very pleased I am not going anywhere.
Stay safe folks.

ninathenana Wed 28-Feb-18 07:07:05

Kent

Marydoll Wed 28-Feb-18 07:11:34

Glasgow

TwiceAsNice Wed 28-Feb-18 07:13:08

Minus 7 here in Surrey and more snow overnight. Just trying to persuade DD1 not to drive the children to school and work from home ( I can have the children) she works in their school and can access her computer at home. I worry about them being in the car in this weather. Roll on a thaw and warmer temperatures I hate Winter!

annsixty Wed 28-Feb-18 07:14:33

Lovely Tanith and Nina.
I wish I COULD post a picture of my garden as it is currently so neglected, for once it looks as good as everyone else's!!

Willow500 Wed 28-Feb-18 08:09:03

South Yorks - this has just come down in the last couple of hours. Wondering how I'm going to get to the opticians later - my little car would be a nightmare to drive. Best dig out my old snow boots!

Charleygirl Wed 28-Feb-18 08:15:09

tanith please be careful because in our neck of the woods there is a layer of ice under that beautiful topping of snow.

Tara my cat is a moaning Minnie because I think that it is too cold for her to venture outdoors.

travelsafar Wed 28-Feb-18 08:18:48

I too hate the snow. It does look beautiful if you can manage to just stay indoors, but life still has to go on with appointments, shopping, work etc. The quicker it goes the better. We need 'the Sun from the South' to arrive!!!!

Pittcity Wed 28-Feb-18 08:30:54

Colchester. The car was clear when we went to bed.

ninathenana Wed 28-Feb-18 08:32:44

-7 here too although the sun has just come out. Roads around me are horrendous.

mumofmadboys Wed 28-Feb-18 08:38:18

We are walking ten miles in the snow today in Shropshire. Looks beautiful.Big packed lunch!

hildajenniJ Wed 28-Feb-18 08:56:31

Taken through the dining room window. It's eerilly quiet in this little town. My DH has gone to work, how he got there, I don't know, how he'll get back remains a mystery although the main road seems to be clear as the traffic is moving. It's snowing pretty heavily now. Stay warm and safe everyone.

Greyduster Wed 28-Feb-18 09:06:33

Have a good day, Momb! I used to enjoy walking in snow but not so much these days. This is another from South Yorkshire this morning. We’ve had worse, but may get more before the day is out.

NanaandGrampy Wed 28-Feb-18 09:20:31

8 inches of snow here in Norfolk and the world is silent ! All buses recalled to the depot, main roads closed due to accidents and small roads impassable.... its a good day to stay home :-)

tanith Wed 28-Feb-18 09:28:25

Love all the pics and I put off my walk earlier as I need to to the shop but took a walk round the garden and cleared the bits I need to access with my trusty snow shovel . I'll be careful Charleygirl it's actually not icy as the pavements here were quite dry before the snow fell just 2+ inches of lovely soft snow.
Stay warm everyone.

PamelaJ1 Wed 28-Feb-18 09:44:58

Thanks for that nana.
I was debating whether to take the bus to Norwich , I have tickets for Matthew Bournes Cinderella tonight. Was thinking of staying in the Tlodge at the bus station and returning tomorrow. That’s put paid to that good idea.
I can’t even give the tickets away as they are here on my kitchen table?

Greyduster Wed 28-Feb-18 11:24:17

We have a whiteout at the moment and it doesn’t look like stopping, so, confined to quarters again! All traffic at a standstill. And it’s creeping up the living room window ?!!!

JackyB Wed 28-Feb-18 12:18:27

Thanks for the picture of Colchester, Pittcity - I was wondering why my mum's cleaner couldn't get to her today!

oldgoat Wed 28-Feb-18 12:51:03

We should have been in the Lake District today on a short spring break but the A1 and A66 are closed. So OH and I took Oscar for a lovely walk through the fields near home instead. He finished up with great balls of icy snow sticking to his legs and had to be carried home.
Lovely and sunny here now.

Greyduster Wed 28-Feb-18 12:56:41

Poor old Oscar - he doesn’t look happy does he? Sorry you missed your Lake District break, Oldgoat. Better be safe than sorry. Sun is out here now, too. Will it last?

Lynnebo Wed 28-Feb-18 13:13:04

Penrith, Cumbria - love it!!