Gransnet forums

Pictures

Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max).

My Granddaughters Baptism

(14 Posts)
tanith Thu 10-May-18 12:48:22

I just had to post this lovely picture of my latest GDs Baptism on Sunday. They live abroad so my eldest daughter and I flew out for 5days we had such a lovely visit. My husband has been very ill and is actually step-grandad but my son rang him to ask if he would be Godfather to the baby in absentia such a lovely gesture and it really gave him a boost.

gillybob Thu 10-May-18 13:05:49

Aaaah thank you for sharing such a beautiful photograph tanith she is so sweet and yes, a lovely gesture for your DH too smile

glammanana Thu 10-May-18 13:10:54

Such a beautiful picture tanith beautiful dress and what a caring son you have.

Anniebach Thu 10-May-18 13:34:11

How lovely x

sunseeker Thu 10-May-18 13:38:21

Thank you for sharing - doesn't she have a lovely smile smile

Marydoll Thu 10-May-18 13:39:47

Your granddaughter is beautiful. What a lovely gesture on your son's part.☺️

Teetime Thu 10-May-18 13:46:50

How lovely to see a proper baptism with a lovely bay in a heritage robe. None of my GKs have been baptised sad.

nanaK54 Thu 10-May-18 14:04:53

Just lovely, thank you for sharing

Panache Thu 10-May-18 14:12:39

So beautiful,a picture of innocence..........and such a lovely gesture that was surely such an uplift for your husband.
Acts like this make up for all the "sores" the world often presents.
Thank you for sharing,I now feel the better for this.

hildajenniJ Thu 10-May-18 14:15:49

Lovely baby.

Teetime, none of my DGC have been baptized either. sad

tanith Thu 10-May-18 14:37:55

Thanks for all the kind remarks she’s a very happy baby while she has your attention but ignore her at your peril ?.

Ladies out of my 9 GC only this one and her brother are baptised their Mum is Catholic and it was important to her. By the way I was certain that beautiful gown was her family heirloom but I mentioned how beautiful it was to the other Grandmother and she whispered “no it’s from Next” we had a good giggle about it.

Willow500 Thu 10-May-18 15:01:07

What a gorgeous baby - and a lovely gesture to you husband. My two granddaughters were baptised when they were babies but my two grandsons haven't been - I don't know if they ever will be now.

Daddima Thu 10-May-18 17:55:51

Beautiful girl! Isn’t it great how the interweb lets us be involved?

Izabella Thu 10-May-18 18:04:28

Lovely picture and your pleasure and pride resonates. Our GS's are not christened which personally pleases me although I have, and never will, comment. They will be given a choice when older. I have to say though that not all the family are of the same opinion as me, but there we are. All entitled to our points of view.