Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

NOW CLOSED Try out the new Globe Hoover and get to keep it after testing

(38 Posts)
HelenRGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 25-Jul-12 10:31:51

Hoover are looking for 5 Gransnetters to put the new Globe Hoover to the test.

This is what Hoover says about the product: "Globe is Hoover's new manoeuvrable range of vacuum cleaners containing patented twist and steer technology allowing you to easily glide around furniture. The compact and lightweight design combines with a self aligning locking mechanism and directional control meaning that Globe is not only easy to manoeuvre but it also effortlessly negotiates obstacles and corners."

In order to really test what the Globe can do, Hoover will be setting challenges for testers to undertake during the trial and then asking them to add their feedback to a thread on Gransnet and, if possible, send in pictures and/or video footage. The challenges include vacuuming around obstacles in the home, hard to reach places and stairs, cleaning up after pets etc. Please note that if you supply any video or photo footage, it may appear on Gransnet, YouTube and/or Facebook.

This product test is open to all UK Gransnetters with at least one grandchild. If you wish to take part in this trial please sign up here.

Everyone who takes part in the product test and leaves their feedback gets to keep the Globe Hoover after testing (RRP £229). There will also be an additional £30 Amazon voucher up for grabs for the Gransnetter who sends in the best video or photo of them doing the challenges.

Thanks and good luck
GNHQ

Littlenellie Wed 25-Jul-12 11:13:57

Ooohhh me me please can I try one can I,can I pretty please

Anagram Wed 25-Jul-12 12:11:28

Have you got a video-camera, nellie? The mind boggles.....grin

Littlenellie Wed 25-Jul-12 12:26:02

Mucky mind..lol only have one on my blackberry....does that count..can film in secretgrin

jeni Wed 25-Jul-12 13:15:50

Yes please!

eGJ Wed 25-Jul-12 14:02:26

Yes please, but don't have a vidoe camera!

HelenRGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 25-Jul-12 14:19:21

Thanks for applying ladies! Just to let you know that if you have a mobile phone, smartphone or tablet device that you can do video or photos on, then that's fine, you don't need to have a video camcorder specifically to take part.

Also, you won't be precluded from taking part if you don't want to/can't do video or photos.

tattiejacqui Thu 26-Jul-12 11:01:34

Need any more? I'd love to hoover!

ctussaud Thu 26-Jul-12 11:12:06

I would love to try the Globe! I have a D***n which is so heavy to lift that taking it up or down a floor is a marathon challenge. Something more manoeuvrable would be terrific!

Scillygran Thu 26-Jul-12 11:38:23

I hate housework so anything that can make it more interesting would be very welcome!!!

Libradi Thu 26-Jul-12 11:54:15

Sounds interesting ..

Mckneff Thu 26-Jul-12 12:43:33

I've applied for one !! fingers crossed eh x

FlyingGranny Thu 26-Jul-12 13:04:43

I'm up for it, have video on my digital camera, my house is so crowded (40 dollshouses) getting round obstacles would be well tested...
Question: Is there a send in BY X date?

soop Thu 26-Jul-12 13:06:37

I've applied. Mr soop finds the present vacuum cleaner lacking in suction. grin

NanaAnna Thu 26-Jul-12 13:40:48

Can I apply on behalf of my husband....only he doesn't know yet, but let's get some footage of the men too!

yogagran Thu 26-Jul-12 13:45:20

40 dollshouses FlyingGranny - that's extraordinary!

HelenRGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 26-Jul-12 14:23:47

We're still looking for applicants so please do sign up tattiejacqui

FlyingGranny - the testing will be taking place over the next month or so, so you'd need to be around to do the challenges and send in your feedback/video/photos by mid-late August

greatgrandma Thu 26-Jul-12 14:37:03

greatgrandma says it all I would like to scoot around furniture without moving everything it's all heavier than it used to be.

rozzo55 Thu 26-Jul-12 15:21:58

Curious about this. Is it anything like the Hoover Constellation way back in the 60s? i remember that being something of a breakthrough.

isorod Thu 26-Jul-12 15:48:57

I have just applied and think I shoule be selected - my Hoover Elite is 22 years old, still use it regularly but time for a new one I hope.

FlyingGranny Thu 26-Jul-12 18:13:23

Good, I am around now till end August.
I have a very old upright Hoover, a floor polisher and a Henry, however they are all in 1/12th scale in dollshouses.
Yogagran, 40 dh is not all that many, I know several other collectors with over 100. One tends to get lured into yet another new project....

Anne58 Thu 26-Jul-12 18:41:03

I would love to give it a go, we have a combination of hard floor (laminate) and rugs downstairs, fitted carpet on the stairs, landing and bedrooms. Plus cats that moult as if it's an Olympic event that they have been training for.

I currently have a rather ancient, bottom end Miele, that seems to need new (expensive!) bags every five minutes!

We have a digital camera with video function, plus a smart/android phone.

I am also prepared to supply footage of the cats reaction to it!

weather Thu 26-Jul-12 19:35:03

I would like to try this out please if given the chance could do with some more suction to tackle the dust

lyndyloo Thu 26-Jul-12 20:09:19

Yes please. I have an old Dyson which is sadly coming to the end of its life. I would love to try an up to date vacuum that could have me whizzing through the housework and leaving me lots more time to 'lunch' or have coffee

yogagran Thu 26-Jul-12 22:06:30

I'd really like to try this out please. I have one of the original Dysons, a moulting dog, I have the annoying habit of walking through the house in my socks dropping bits of horses bedding over the floor too. Bits get stuck in my boots and then on the floor. Hard floor in the kitchen and "mud room", carpets in the other rooms and upstairs. Also got a smartphone with video bits and pieces