Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Find out what GNers have to say about Listerine® Nightly Reset mouthwash

(53 Posts)
AbbiCGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 08-Jul-19 16:48:55

This is the feedback thread for the Gransnet users who tested Listerine® Nightly Reset mouthwash. This test was open to all UK GNers.

Here is some more information about the Listerine® Nightly Reset mouthwash: “In a modern age of increasingly busy lifestyles and diary-filled days it’s easy to neglect things like oral health. Whether it’s healthy foods or sweet treats that you enjoy the most as snacks, tucking into acidic or sugary food and drink weakens your teeth enamel. While brushing does help to take care of your oral health, brushing just your teeth only targets 25% of your mouth*, Listerine® mouthwash targets virtually 100%.”

Testers please answer the following questions:

- What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset?
- What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset ?
- If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare?
- Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store?
- Would you recommend Listerine® Nightly Reset to friends or family?

Selected testers were required to test out the product as part of their normal daily routine for 1-2 weeks. Testers are asked to leave a review (whether positive or negative) on the Listerine website and also on this feedback thread. All testers who leave feedback on the feedback thread will be entered into a prize draw** where 3 GNers will win a £100 VEX Gift Certificate which can be redeemed for any voucher on the voucher express website.

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw
GNHQ

This product is not suitable for children under the age of 12
*From study representing teeth surface area measurements
UK/LI/19-13725c

**UK residents only, 18+. Must be a registered member of Gransnet. Enter from 10:00am on 8/07/19 to 5:00pm on 29/07/19. To participate, sign up to a Listerine® Nightly Reset product review and give valid feedback (whether positive or negative) on the product on the Listerine® Nightly Reset feedback thread on Gransnet. Only 1 entry per person. Prizes available are 3 x £100 VEX Gift Certificates exchangeable on voucherexpress.co.uk. Prize is subject to voucher express T&Cs. Full T&Cs can be found here. Promoter: Mumsnet Limited of Studio 13-16 Deane House Studios, 27 Greenwood Place, London, NW5 1LB, GB

Hellsbelles Mon 08-Jul-19 17:31:09

What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset
I was very satisfied

The mouthwash was strong enough to feel it's working.

- If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare?

Did not notice much difference to my usual Listerine mouthwash.

I would purchase.

Yes I would recommend.

mother999 Mon 08-Jul-19 17:54:05

What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset?
Out of 10, I would give it a 9. Very satisfied.

Not much to dislike at all. The first time you use it you will notice your teeth feel smooth like they have been brushed with an electric toothbrush.
I also love the colour. The colour reminds me of a lovely summer evening sky at dusk.

I am a long-term user of Listerine, mainly because nothing else comes near to it...but Listerine has outdone itself! I usually find Listerine has a burn feeling at the roof of my mouth so I normally spit it out before the due time, but the Nightly Reset does not have that uncomfortable feeling at all. You also require less than the original Listerine which means your money goes further.

I shall definitely purchase it in store.

Most definitely

Liz46 Mon 08-Jul-19 18:08:58

Overall satisfaction good. My mouth still felt fresh next morning.
Dislike - I found that 15ml was a lot to hold in my mouth for one minute but that may be because I have asthma.
Yes, I would probably purchase more. I entered into this competition because of the claim that Listerine Nightly Reset can help my enamel but I have no way of knowing if it is helping after a short trial.
Yes, I would recommend Listerine Nightly Reset.

bev62 Mon 08-Jul-19 19:40:36

I am very satisfied with Listerine Nightly Reset, surprisingly it is better than the Listerine I normally use! It seemed to keep working for longer, my mouth feels fresher for longer during the day and morning breath was better too.
I would definitely continue to use it and buy it in the future. I would absolutely recommend it to family and friends.

dirgni Mon 08-Jul-19 19:51:53

I’m so sorry I just didn’t like the taste! However have given it to my granddaughter. Will ask her what she thought.

mysticwen Mon 08-Jul-19 20:18:33

Liked the taste of Listerine Nightly Reset and it kept my mouth fresh all day, I have a front tooth that is super sensitive and lacking enamel and have found some reduced symptoms after a week of twice daily use, though I need to use for a longer period to see if the benefit continues. I would buy this product as it suits me on all levels

harrysgran Mon 08-Jul-19 20:47:48

I am very satisfied with Listerine reset I much prefer the taste compared to my Listerine original it isn't as harsh yet still leaves my mouth feeling fresh all day I particularly like using it at night as in the morning my mouth doesn't have that dry stale feel I will carry on using this and would definitely recommend it

Tinasparkle Mon 08-Jul-19 21:19:02

I was really impressed with Listerine Nightly Reset. I found the taste milder than most other mouthwashes, and the taste didn't last too long, which was very preferable to go to sleep on! I found my mouth didn't have a stale early morning breath taste on waking. I would definitely buy this again and have already told my family about this product. Whether coincidence or not, but I have found the amount of plaque has significantly reduced and softened. I can't wait for my next dental appointment to tell my dentist about my trial of Listerine Nightly Reset. I have had significant dental problems over the years and have an upper seven tooth bridge. I have always been conscious of this harbouring bacteria so using mouthwash has been a regular part of my daily mouth hygiene. Using this formula at night has definitely made my breath feel fresher in the morning and I will continue to use it. Have to say though, the 15ml measure was a challenge and I had the occasional gag!!

mumofmadboys Tue 09-Jul-19 07:55:27

I was very satisfied with Listerine Nightly reset.
I liked the taste and my mouth felt fresh after I used it.
I haven't used Listerine before so cannot compare.
I will be buying it as I think it has made a positive effect on my dental and oral health.
Yes I will recommend it to family and friends.
Thank you for sending me some to try

inishowen Tue 09-Jul-19 11:10:32

I was satisfied with Listerine Nightly reset.
I found the taste a little strong.
I haven't used a mouth wash before.
I will continue to buy it as it made my mouth feel so fresh and clean.
I will recommend it to family and friends.

dani4 Tue 09-Jul-19 12:11:52

I really liked the clean overall feeling and tingle, and was very satisfied with Listerine Nightly Reset.
I found it a little bit strong last thing at night.
It had more of a lasting impact than other products.
I would purchase Listerine Nightly Reset again.
Would definitely recommend to family and friends.

obag Tue 09-Jul-19 16:28:21

I am very satisfied with Listerine Nightly Reset, I didn't expect it to be any different from my usual Listerine; but was surprised how fresh my mouth feels even next morning and how smooth and clean my teeth feel. I will definitely continue to buy this product and have already recommended it to my friends and family.

mosaicwarts Tue 09-Jul-19 17:35:06

Thanks everyone. I went to buy it today and was a bit shocked it was £5.29 in Superdrug, but from your positive comments, I will give it a go.

BrandyButter Tue 09-Jul-19 17:50:28

I am more than satisfied, I love it. 10 out of 10
I found the minty taste just right and lasted a long time
I was amazed how smooth it made your teeth feel, really clean and not a trace of plaque when you run your tongue over, stayed that way overnight and next morning.
Loved the colour, fresh and inviting.
Negative- felt it used a lot up each time and bottle is going down fast.
Not a usual lover or regular user of mouthwash so I am suprised at the strong positive response I have to this one.
I will purchase but hide from rest of family as I feel it is a little expensive
Yes I would recommend to people.

SueDonim Tue 09-Jul-19 18:29:23

Overall satisfaction. This was an okay product. I'm not a habitual mouth-wash user so I don't really have anything to compare it with.

It was nice to have a fresh-feeling mouth. I think it may have decreased the sensitivity of my teeth as the water flossed I use is less painful now.

I didn't like the strong minty flavour, which felt as though it was burning my tongue. I also disliked the cloying sweetness and the stickiness it left on my lips.

Haven't used Listerine in the past.

No, I wouldn't purchase it in store. Having read the list of ingredients, I'm not sure I want those chemicals left on my mouth overnight.

I wouldn't recommend because I don't think it's essential.

Willynilly Tue 09-Jul-19 22:02:26

- What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset?
It was very 'nice'. Pleasant taste. Felt good.

It made my mouth feel fresher for longer.

It felt milder than other Listerine products.

Probably not. Without a direct correlation between useage and better dental health, I can't justify the cost.

No, there is no evidence to suggest it is any better than other similar products.

cornergran Tue 09-Jul-19 23:17:21

Overall satisfaction. I’m not a habitual mouthwash user so nothing to compare it against. So neither satisfied nor dissatisfied
Like or dislike? Didn’t like the taste, sort of a sweet mint. Found it hard to hold the required amount in my mouth for a minute which felt like an hour. A little concerned at the ingredients.

Used Listerine before.? This is my first experience with any mouthwash.

Purchase in store? I don’t think so without evidence of efficacy, although I will use the bottle to the end and see if my dentist observes any change to my dental health.

Recommend Listerine? Yes if a regular mouthwash user wanted a change, not otherwise.

I am appreciative of the opportunity to try the product and it has made me think about the use of a mouthwash, something to discuss with my dentist to get his opinion.

essjay Thu 11-Jul-19 07:52:02

Am an on and off user of mouthwash, have used Listerine in the past and usually found them a bit strong, this is quite pleasant, good taste compared to a lot, but like Liz46 i also found the 15ml a bit much too hold and swill around my mouth. the first few times i used it i did find my mouth a lot fresher especially in the mornings but now my mouth is back to its old self of being less than fresh in the morning. i would probably buy it and have already recommended it to my dd as she is a regular listerine user

Pittcity Thu 11-Jul-19 11:17:18

My sample got lost in the post and I received a replacement this morning.
I usually use a supermarket own brand mouthwash that costs under a pound.
I am also intolerant to artificial sweeteners in that they give me hangover type symptoms. The first thing I do when buying new products (or old ones with new formulas) is to check the ingredients. My regular mouthwash contains saccharin, whereas the Listerine contains sorbitol, saccharin and sucralose. As very little of a mouthwash is swallowed I usually OK but will stop using the Listerine if it affects me.

That said I used it for the first time after cleaning my teeth this morning and was pleasantly surprised by the taste and the refreshing tingling feeling. My teeth still feel smooth and my mouth is fresh a couple of hours later. I haven't fancied my usual mid morning biscuit as it would take away the sensation....surely a plus!!

The fact that the childproof cap was easy to open is another plus.

I will be back to let you know how I get on.

Nonnie Thu 11-Jul-19 15:22:19

Oh dear, I'm not as positive as everyone else. Sorry.

What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset? Not sure.

- What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset ? I really didn't like the taste and have only carried on because I had said I would test it. I've never tasted antiseptic but think this is what it would taste like. I think it may have helped take away the longtime aftertaste of my meds but will only be sure when it's all gone.

- If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare? I haven't.

- Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store? Sorry, no.

- Would you recommend Listerine® Nightly Reset to friends or family? No, but I am seeing my dentist in a month and will ask if it has been good for me.

Nonnie Thu 11-Jul-19 15:30:49

I forgot to add that it seems rather excessive to suggest we use a teaspoon and glass when there could simply be a measurement in the bottle cap.

Pittcity Thu 11-Jul-19 22:20:15

I have noticed that it also contains propylene glycol which is a form of alcohol. There is no claim of it being alcohol free on the bottle.
I would be interested to hear the opinion of a dentist as mine has always told me not to rinse ( even with water) after brushing as it removes the fluoride etc from the toothpaste.

mumu54 Sat 13-Jul-19 13:06:18

Overall satisfaction - very impressed.
I liked the taste but found keeping it in my mouth for 60 seconds was not easy.
I haven't used Listerine before so nothing to compare it with.
Yes, I would purchase it.
Yes, I would recommend as my mouth felt really fresh afterwards.

mgtrob22 Sat 13-Jul-19 19:19:27

For a mouth that is squeaky clean,
Don't forget to swish with Listerine.