Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

UK GNer? Please take this survey - £300 voucher to be won

(30 Posts)
JustineBGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 23-Sep-19 12:08:15

This survey is now closed

We're working with an assistive technology provider, and would like to find out more about your thoughts around ageing: what you're concerned or worried about, your concerns for elderly relatives, your thoughts on how relationships change as people age, what your thoughts are on assistive technologies...

This survey is open to all UK Gransnet users.

All who complete the survey will be entered into a prize draw where one GNer will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice.

Click here to complete the survey.

Thanks and good luck!

GNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

NanaandGrampy Mon 23-Sep-19 17:38:21

Abandoned it half way through, the link to the website doesn’t work .

wildswan16 Mon 23-Sep-19 17:49:59

I couldn't link directly to the website - so I googled the site but was not sure if that was the one we were supposed to be looking at. Abandoned until fixed.

Fennel Mon 23-Sep-19 17:51:43

I filled it in honestly then found they were trying to sell something.
Not for me.

SalsaQueen Mon 23-Sep-19 20:13:53

I started the survey and thought it seemed to be a marketing strategy, so abandoned it

Charleygirl5 Mon 21-Oct-19 14:19:12

I did fill it in but I also thought it was a marketing strategy.
I ended up not knowing how intrusive it actually was. I do not particularly want anybody knowing I fell asleep in my chair for a couple of hours!

Harris27 Tue 22-Oct-19 18:44:43

Done. But I’m too young for that!

daffjeri Wed 23-Oct-19 00:25:53

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

goldengirl Thu 24-Oct-19 11:27:55

Gave up. I felt it was a marketing ploy

quizqueen Fri 25-Oct-19 00:09:15

This product is not something which would interest me. It's like prison surveillance!

RedRidingHood Fri 25-Oct-19 11:01:31

Of course it's marketing why else would they do it! Also it's not targeted for the fit healthy retired it's for those who are not so lucky. Or their parents. I'm 61 and many of my friends are having a very difficult time with elderly parents.

I have a very frail 85 year old mother who lives alone 45 minutes away from me. Anything that enables her to continue to live safely in her own home is worth a look. She already had a pendant alarm whcih proved it's worth last week when she fell in the bathroom at 3am and hit her face on the tiles.
This product might well be useful for her but I also see it's benefit for people in the early stages of dementia.

tiredoldwoman Fri 25-Oct-19 11:13:58

I gave up too ! It was sales .
I use Howzz but it's a site to do up your house !

Lorelei Fri 25-Oct-19 11:17:27

Sorry to say even after reading other people's comments I started the survey - and I'm another one that decided not to complete it or submit that type of information. Something about the way the questions were phrased didn't feel right. I don't object to the provision of things that help people per se but some surveys are too nosy, too intrusive and not always 100% connected to the subject. There's always social media if I wanted to announce living alone or having problems myself or with others and certainly don't want to be pestered to buy anything at a later date. Think I'll stick to surveys I find relevant to me and testing products I might like or find useful and then leaving some honest feedback.

Maggie1952 Fri 25-Oct-19 13:12:59

The link to the website doesn’t work so abandoned it

Hymnbook Fri 25-Oct-19 14:31:56

Answered questions honestly. Then you get to the end and you realize that they want you to purchase a gadget. I've done surveys like this previously. At the end they want you to buy something it they're asking for information you would rather not give.

biddymarie Fri 25-Oct-19 17:22:05

Well was doing survey then when had to go to the products website couldn't get back said error then took me back to start. Didn't realise this was a sales pitch survey.

libra10 Fri 25-Oct-19 19:04:29

All done

Sararose Fri 25-Oct-19 21:20:18

I completed some of it but it Wouldn't let me progress

Granny23 Sat 26-Oct-19 14:13:58

I DID manage to complete the survey but found it difficult as the answers could only be of the "good/better/best" variety. Actually, I thought the product was worse than useless. Worse, because it would engender a false sense of assurance, while serving no useful purpose.EG if the person spent a sunny afternoon in the garden, the motion censor would report no movement in the house and the door censor would report that the back/patio door had been left open. Whereas, should a c
C riminal enter the house, as long as they shut the door and passed through the motion censors, no report would be sent.

19EJA Mon 28-Oct-19 11:31:10

Link to website not working. Thought that was quite ironic, given the subject!

vickya Tue 29-Oct-19 18:07:00

I completed it but agree it was marketing.

flowersfromheaven Thu 31-Oct-19 10:05:55

All done.

Coolgran65 Fri 01-Nov-19 11:26:19

With so many negative comments..... it must be selling something. Didn't bother even looking at it.

annodomini Fri 01-Nov-19 12:42:04

I did access the web site but wasn't much the wiser. I thought the whole concept was intrusive. The picture of the developing team showed a group of millennials who probably wanted to keep an eye on their grandparents without bothering to visit and check up on them.

Kathy1959 Wed 13-Nov-19 19:51:08

I couldn’t get back to the survey after I’d looked at the product!