Gransnet forums

Relationships

In praise of.....

(68 Posts)
grannyactivist Mon 22-Aug-11 17:27:32

my husband. Yes, he does have a few irritating habits and he isn't (quite) perfect, but he's been a wonderful husband, father, son, brother and grandfather. He is kind, thoughtful, generous and really, really good at DIY; he's also my dearest and best friend.

my parents in law. The apple hasn't fallen far from the tree. My in laws are two of the kindest, most generous and thoughtful people I've ever met. They support all the family with patient good humour and great sensitivity.

It apparently takes ten positive comments to undo the work of a single negative one. Let's be kind and give praise where it's due.

glammanana Fri 27-Apr-12 15:23:43

Well I'm not raising a glass I am going to open a bottle so we can all share aglassortwo wineflowers ((hugs)) needed if you are feeling a bit down I think.

nightowl Fri 27-Apr-12 15:30:51

It's horrible when those sad days hit you, hope you feel better soon glassortwo smile

GoldenGran Fri 27-Apr-12 15:43:09

Hope you are better*glass*.

imjingl Fri 27-Apr-12 15:47:58

Whassup Glass?

Annobel Fri 27-Apr-12 15:52:16

We're here, Glass. ((((big hug)))).

syberia Fri 27-Apr-12 16:28:01

Glass (((hug))) and flowers hope your day improves and tomorrow is even better x x

soop Fri 27-Apr-12 16:59:42

Glass if you're going through a blue tunnel, as I do from time to time, you also know that you'll come through the other side, see the sunshine and smile. And, please remember, your GN pals will be waiting to give you a well deserved (hug) flowers

jeni Fri 27-Apr-12 17:14:00

glass you've been here for us! We're here for you, that's what GN is for!( amongst other things]

grannyactivist Fri 27-Apr-12 17:50:26

I listened to my 'still, small voice' this morning glass and I'm very glad I did if you've been touched by this outpouring of affection that you so richly deserve. You really are one of life's givers, so it's good to be in a position to let you know how much you're appreciated. Hope you soon get through your sadness and into the sunshine.

nanachrissy Fri 27-Apr-12 19:09:59

Don't be blue Glass, as Scarlet O'Hara said "Tomorrow is another day" and hopefully it will be a better one for you brew cupcake flowers wine

imjingl Fri 27-Apr-12 19:13:49

I bet those little grandkids appreciate you Glass.

glassortwo Fri 27-Apr-12 19:37:41

You lot will have me a basket case grin your all just amazing...Thank you.......I am fine, had one of those days when things that you usually handle just floor you, does not happen very often.

whenim64 Fri 27-Apr-12 19:51:08

What do you mean ..... 'will'! (thought she already was....) gringrin

glassortwo Fri 27-Apr-12 19:59:24

Shhh when the newbies might not have realised yet grin grin

greenmossgiel Fri 27-Apr-12 20:05:08

Glass - you're always the same - you never let us down, and well, really, you're just a star. Try not to feel sad. xxxx flowers Oh, and have a cupcake as well! sunshine

Bags Fri 27-Apr-12 20:56:54

Just come to this. Glad everyone managed to cheer you up glass. You're a constant star on GN. Wouldn't do to have you feeling dimmed. flowers x

Ariadne Fri 27-Apr-12 21:58:49

glass sunshine xxxxx flowers