Gransnet forums

Relationships

why is it the half always thinks his right

(46 Posts)
greenie Sun 14-Oct-12 20:42:57

i dont think there is a week go by where we dont have a argument about food. which seems silly but what ever i cook its not right. i try to not argue back but in the end i got so fed up the remarks which he never sees any thing wrong in what he says. and then its why have u done this , but when its the other way round it does matter how long he takes to do something. it just seems to get worse, put i have put up with the way he is, but getting to the point of why should i , he always blame me for my attitude to wards him but can not see, if he was better towards me perhaps my attitude could change. interested in other people thoughts

angiebaby Wed 14-Nov-12 20:14:56

i would leave him and go and get yourself a new model ie a toy boy who can cook, lol.

Nonu Wed 14-Nov-12 09:21:47

An old saying "never question your wife"s judgement

Look who she married " LAL

mickey Wed 14-Nov-12 09:09:23

my grandad used to say 'any fool can cook', drove my mother mad. needless to say he never cooked in his life. a lot of males are just know it alls-i should know ,my husbands one. i am now reduced to pulling faces behind his back. childish, but it makes me feel better.

gramps Tue 23-Oct-12 17:26:58

Hi SeanMc,
I flit around these threads you see,
From time to time I go,
To visit friends in "Lil's Den of Iniquity".
It's just for fun you know!
Pete and I, the only blokes around,
Until a strangers face we spy,
And hope that we'll be found!
It's busy there with just us two,
To keep those gels in check.
(If Nell finds out I've written this,
I'll get it in the neck!)

Lilygran Tue 16-Oct-12 08:28:50

Discussion on Today about how men are taking over in the kitchen. The subject is actually the BBC Great Bake-off. cupcake

Lilygran Tue 16-Oct-12 08:18:25

Misunderstanding, vamp. I think you asked greenie if her OH was belittling her and I wasn't clear about who the comment was meant for. *sunshine

Ariadne Tue 16-Oct-12 07:32:14

Are you OK, Greenie?

annodomini Mon 15-Oct-12 23:47:04

As a teenager I used to make cakes in my parents' Rayburn. Something went seriously wrong with a gingerbread which spread itself all over the oven. The fire had to be allowed to go out so that the oven could be cleaned and the dog was most helpful when I was on my hands and knees scraping off burnt gingerbread. My sisters still remember that episode rather than my famous mince pies.

Anne58 Mon 15-Oct-12 23:29:17

I don't think he's been seen in the bar either SeanMc

(My mother once made custard that I swear could have bounced)

vampirequeen Mon 15-Oct-12 23:00:22

Lilygran...I wasn't belittling anyone. I was asking greenie if this was the only thing her husband does or if he was controlling in other ways.

SeanMc Mon 15-Oct-12 22:38:10

Thank you for reassuring me that I'm not the only one to have disasters in the kitchen ladies. My thoughts were that if I simply followed the recipe step by step nothing could go wrong. I posed on here because I saw gramps had too but he's not here tonight?

janeainsworth Mon 15-Oct-12 18:33:59

specki grin

Stansgran Mon 15-Oct-12 18:05:13

Last week my cream of celeriac soup was compared to wallpaper paste-I can't say DH was wrong and it was from a recipe in the times by Lindsey Bareham who is foolproof . We all have disasters in the kitchen and I've had cakes like bricks before today. I always offer to leave the evening meal to DH to prepare or call him to clear up. It tends to curb the criticism and I 'm sure he means well

Anne58 Mon 15-Oct-12 17:53:50

I don't think that greenie has been back since the op.

absentgrana Mon 15-Oct-12 17:50:01

HildaWWhat a wise woman you are. smile

specki4eyes Mon 15-Oct-12 16:12:59

Ask him if he would like stuffing. But not at Christmas. grin

HildaW Mon 15-Oct-12 16:09:38

greenie my dear, dont know how long you have put up with your OH but I'm afraid to say he is a phychological bully. Bullies need standing up to very early on so if hes had his way for many years then I'm afraid hes not going to change unless you do something drastic.
My Dad was like this with my Mum for all their married life....he only changed his tack when she was diagnosed with bowel cancer.

Greatnan Mon 15-Oct-12 15:29:04

We always had parkin round the bonfire in Salford, together with toffee apples and baked potatoes. Happy days!

grannyactivist Mon 15-Oct-12 13:58:45

Parkin - yummy......one of my favourite foods of all time!

Bags Mon 15-Oct-12 13:45:32

My sister made parkin once that was good enough to pave a patio with. Rain didn't penetrate it and neither did a saw.

absentgrana Mon 15-Oct-12 13:28:09

vampirequeen You are quite right that in those circumstances he should fend for himself. But, seer how hard it is – cooking is easy peasy. In fact, a piece of cake. smile

Lilygran Mon 15-Oct-12 13:10:02

No belittling, vamp if you were addressing me! He likes cooking, always has, ditto the DS and one of the DGS is very keen.

SeanMc Mon 15-Oct-12 12:42:52

Bit of both no doubt.

Ana Mon 15-Oct-12 12:37:40

Or it was a truly terrible cake! confused

Greatnan Mon 15-Oct-12 12:36:50

Sean, you have very picky birds!