Gransnet forums

Relationships

Holidays (Yippee dee doo dah!!!)

(66 Posts)
grannyactivist Mon 06-Jan-14 22:33:58

I love my parents in law and really enjoy any opportunity to spend time with them. Last year my husband and I had a fortnight together in Greece and the whole time I was away I was thinking that my parents in law would have loved the holiday. I've booked the same holiday again for us this year and just had confirmation that my parents in law are going to join us.........I'm so, so pleased I have a silly grin on my face and actually did a little celebratory jig. A whole fortnight in the sun with three of my most favourite people! grin grin grin
Anyone else thinking about holidays yet?

lefthanded Thu 23-Jan-14 13:45:13

Of course. I am so used to writing HTML (it's what a did for a living for many years) that it comes naturally to me - I should have realised that this site would use BBCode instead.

Another lesson learned blush

Elegran Thu 23-Jan-14 12:57:12

I think you may have gone about linking it up the hard way, lefthanded If you look down beneath the comments box, you will find the easy way to do it.

lefthanded Thu 23-Jan-14 12:35:16

Aha - links not working then.

lefthanded Thu 23-Jan-14 12:34:27

UPDATE: We have decided on <A HREF="http://premium.secureholiday.net/en/626/index.html?1=1">Camping Haliotis</A> in Normandy (or "Camping Halitosis" as the wife calls it) for our main holiday site, coming back to spend a week in <A HREF="http://www.chateau-gandspette.com/">Camping Château du Gandspette</A> before our ferry back. Sent emails to them both yesterday - Gandspette have replied confirming or booking, but we are still waiting for Haliotis.

Flowerofthewest Wed 22-Jan-14 16:37:27

An important part of my wildflower survey smile xxx flowers

newist Wed 22-Jan-14 16:32:40

grin

Flowerofthewest Wed 22-Jan-14 15:55:34

newist you already are my dear grin

kittylester Wed 22-Jan-14 15:30:39

We are going to Suffolk for a few days in February, then to a pub in the Peak District in March. We have a holiday to look forward to in N Wales, thanks to GN, in June and after that we have no plans.

For the last couple of years we have had babies and weddings (in that order!!) cluttering up our diaries grin but, as nothing is on the horizon in that department this year, we might go on another river cruise although, generally, we are happy to have a leisurely look around our own country.

newist Wed 22-Jan-14 15:30:32

Flower I refuse to be part of your wildlife survey grin

newist Wed 22-Jan-14 15:27:29

rosesarered I have only ever seen 2 frogs here, which is a shame because I like them

Flowerofthewest Wed 22-Jan-14 15:19:07

No you are not on it Newist you may be on a few later in the year though wink

rosesarered Tue 21-Jan-14 12:20:46

sorry newist that was meant for your post about the pond.

rosesarered Tue 21-Jan-14 12:19:52

In that case newist you will be getting lots of frogs hopping about this year, so fascinating to watch, that you will forget all about holidays!

newist Mon 20-Jan-14 23:03:28

I hope I am not on it grin

Flowerofthewest Mon 20-Jan-14 23:02:31

Sadly couldn't download my silly walk in the wind but have posted a couple of pics of North Uist.

newist Mon 20-Jan-14 23:00:36

Its a bit wet just now, we have new pond in our garden

annodomini Mon 20-Jan-14 22:57:39

You don't have to convince me, Flower. Brought up on the West Coast of Scotland, I know the joy of walking on the beach in the teeth of a howling gale. I haven't been to the Hebrides - yet.

grannyactivist Mon 20-Jan-14 22:27:51

I know what you mean about British holidays Flower - the UK is a beautiful part of the world. I'm very lucky to live in a a seaside holiday destination and am thankful for it every day. smile

Flowerofthewest Mon 20-Jan-14 22:23:37

The thing is annodomini we are usually very lucky with the weather, neither of us like it too hot and are both outdoors people, loving the windswept and wild Outer Hebrides (I will try to post a video of my walk to the house in the wind, the best bit is my silly face) Love the birds and visitors on Skomer. The wilder the better for me.

We may take our caravan away now we have a motor mover fitted.

lefthanded Mon 20-Jan-14 21:18:15

We will be going to France for a couple of weeks in June - we have booked our ferry but we haven't decided on a site yet. We don't plan to go very far this year - perhaps Normandy or Brittany rather than Jura or the Haute-Savoie.

Every year we go to the geocachers Annual Mega-Event. This year's will take place in Ayr at the beginning of August so we will take the caravan to Scotland for two or three weeks to incorporate that.

That's all we have planned at the moment. But the joy of having our own caravan is that we can get away whenever we want to, so as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer we will find somewhere interesting to go to.

annodomini Mon 20-Jan-14 17:30:12

What a schedule, Flower. All lovely places - there's nowhere like Britain; if only it wasn't for the weather. sad

Flowerofthewest Mon 20-Jan-14 17:00:49

Just back from a wonderful 5 days in Suffolk, next break to Lyme Regis with my very good friend Liz. Runrig ;tour in March then off to Devon with mum and DH. Skomer Island (working holiday) in May and my wonderful Hebrides in June/July. I absolutely LOVE my British holidays

rosesarered Mon 20-Jan-14 16:11:14

Yes, I must admit petra the shine of planning holidays has worn off for me as well, but the strange thing is I usually enjoy them once we are there. It's all the 'before' stuff that bothers me! We never [or rarely] go anywhere in the Summer, because we enjoy Summers in the UK, and the garden would suffer in a drought. However, that still leaves 3 other seasons to holiday in.In Winter, the thought of somewhere warm is very appealing, but if going away in Spring or Autumn there are so many lovely places in the UK that I like.Can't afford to have 3 holidays though! Not even sure about 2.

petra Fri 10-Jan-14 18:28:41

I envy you all. I've lost that thrill of going on Holiday. All I want now is the garden that I hope to have if 'our' Bungalow comes off.

Riverwalk Fri 10-Jan-14 16:04:17

Stansgran Kings Cross station is next door to St Pancras - you can get direct to Gatwick in about 45 minutes, no changes.