Gransnet forums

Relationships

Support for those estranged from family members. Moving on together,

(1000 Posts)
celebgran Thu 21-Jul-16 16:23:55

Hi all of you Smilelss, yogsgirl, luckylegs, rhinestone rosy glow, mumsy, mums70 and any new members so sorry if forgotten anyone.

Let's hope this new thread works as admin said without vitriol.

Mumsy Thu 21-Jul-16 16:57:21

hear hear.

Luckylegs9 Thu 21-Jul-16 18:05:12

Haven't been on for few days and see we have another thread. Things have been hectic with birthdays etc. Think I must be getting old as I have had so many meals out this week I am looking forward to having a simple home cooked meal. Is your house sale going through Smileless, can't find the last thread. Hope you are all ok, this hot weather has drained me and I know I should be grateful as we haven't had a summer, but I wilt when the thermometer reaches 30.

celebgran Thu 21-Jul-16 18:18:58

Me too luckylegs we off to Ireland for weekend wedding.

Rosie got another infection but on 2 different antibiotics and doing well?

New thread started due to problems we are going to put behind us! Great see you post lucklegs.

Off finish last minute bits. Happy weekend. All.
Oh Smilelss will be along to say they going for different house now.

Exactly mumsy onwards and forwards

Fairydoll2030 Thu 21-Jul-16 18:50:34

Hi everyone! Great to have a new thread.

Look forward to seeing all the old posters here.

Onwards and upwards!

flowers to all

Meercat Thu 21-Jul-16 21:29:59

flowers for you all in the new thread

celebgran Thu 21-Jul-16 22:08:12

Thanks you meerkat and fairy-doll

Guess what marvellous news my little great nephew born at 5 15 wonderful way to start this thread ??????

dramatictessa Thu 21-Jul-16 22:20:03

Congrats, celebgran. Keep supporting each other ladies, you've got more to put up with than most, and your friendships are wonderful.

Rosyglow74 Thu 21-Jul-16 22:38:45

Right......bless this thread and all who post in it!

As you all know, I've coped fairly well not being allowed to see my little granddaughter. My son being in constant touch helps tremendously. He sends me pics and videos regularly, and I've encouraged that. Today's video however, almost had me wishing I hadn't. The little one was bridesmaid/flower girl at the wedding of a relative of my daughter-in-law. Watching her, looking so utterly adorable walking down the aisle clutching her basket of rose petals and smiling at everyone, has almost cut me in two. She looks so like her daddy at that age. Then seeing the other grandparents kissing and hugging her, tickling her and making her laugh was too much. I can't watch any more. So absolute proof, if it were needed, that no matter how we fight to move forward, the pain and grief is just below the surface, always ready to erupt. Grief is the price we pay for love.

Have a great weekend Celeb, and congratulations on the newborn....Rosy.x.

celebgran Thu 21-Jul-16 23:32:27

Aagh rosy my heart goes out to you that would crucify me too.

Only so much we can take.

My son rang and week he wants to come visit we just can't do, knee jab, trip London etc however we sorted weekend thank goodness and I had lovley chat with his partner,

Sooo excited about baby boy can't wait for cuddle next week

Thanks rosy for support And so very sorry that was upsetting do hope d I law lets you see little one soon.m maybe we better off not seeing pics I know when I saw one online of oldest little Grandaughter it broke our hearts xx

Sugarpufffairy Fri 22-Jul-16 00:00:02

Hi Everyone
I went a bit AWOL there as I was wondering what on earth I had got myself in the middle of. I think there is enough stress and tantrums going on in all aspects of life these days that we don't need a bunch of Grans winding it up with each other.
It is sad what we feel about the absent grandchildren, no-one apart from those in similar situations can understand the distress of it all. As horrible as that is we also have other aspects to our lives and we trying to live within the limitations these separations bring us.
I hope this thread will not go the same way as the last one
SPF

Rhinestone Fri 22-Jul-16 01:35:35

Glad I found everyone again.

Yogagirl Fri 22-Jul-16 08:40:34

Congratulations Celebgran on the birth of your baby boy grate nephew flowers is that Danika's baby brother? Well done on starting this new thread.

Rosy so sorry you watched that video of your beloved little GD, it would have killed me too! How old is she and how old when you were stopped seeing her? Your Son is a good lad, he is trying to keep you in his little girls life, if only with the video & pics, but I know it's just too painful. I just cannot look, the last pic I saw of my beloved GD & GS is etched in my mind for ever, I don't need it in a picture frame on the coffee table, it's there in my head. My little GD was like a carbon copy of my D at that age, broke my heart to see it. My neighbours D saw it on FB and printed it out for me. When she bought it in for me, she was so happy that she'd got it for me, obviously I thanked her and said how lovely the pic was, which it is, but when she left I put it in a draw, just couldn't look!

I watched 'families reunited' last night, I always cry when I watch that programme. When you see all the emotions of those trying to find their mothers or siblings and when they get to be reunited the tears of joy at finding their true blood family is so moving, and I think; 'my daughter throw us away, her mum & sister that loved her & her children so much' I just can't understand how that can make anyone happy!

flowers for our new support page.
wine for all the girls on here, well it is Friday grin

celebgran Fri 22-Jul-16 08:50:07

Yes yogagirl lt is ??off airport now welcome rhinestone and Sugarpufffairy yes ???to new thread.

Mumsy Fri 22-Jul-16 09:16:13

congrats on the baby Celebgran. Have a good trip.

Rosy please dont be too disheartened over the video and pictures at least theres some contact there, treasure the memories as your son is making sure you are part of your grandaughters life.

Im suffering with this hot humid weather at the moment I so wish it would cool down!

Av1dreader Fri 22-Jul-16 09:33:08

Good luck with your new thread, I hope it is more peaceful for you. have a good weekend.

Smileless2012 Fri 22-Jul-16 13:15:54

What better way to start a new thread than with your wonderful news Celebsmilegrinflowerswinecupcakesunshineandbrewfor Rhinestonegrin.

Please give your lovely niece our love and congratulations.

Has the other thread been deleted? When did all this happen and why? Goodness ladies I'm having a job keeping up with you allsmile.

We all share that hope SPF, so let's keep our fingers crossed. So good to see everyone on here. I hope nannaandgrampy pop on and say 'hi'.

That must have been very hard for you Rosy, I'm so sorry. It's a dilemma isn't it; the desperate need to see our GC, to know that they're OK and see them change as the grow but then the utter despair to see them being loved by others when we are unable to give them our love too.

I can't watch that anymore Yogagirl just the clips have me in tears and that's without knowing the full storyblush.

Many thanks Meercat,dramatictessa and Av1dreader for wishing this thread and all who post on here wellsmile. Goodness, I sound a bit like the Queen don't you think.

We had a really fab day yesterday. Mr. S. had the day off and made a small patio area to the front of our little holiday home. We tidied up the paving slabs already in situ and the path that leads up to ours. Then he bought through all of our beloved plants that we wont be able to take to our new home; no need to panic Celeb it's still the one we found last Tuesdaygrin.

He's very clever, my Mr. S. it all looks so lovely. He said it looks very sad and depressing in our garden nowhmm. Just hoping we can at least get the contracts exchanged so we can pack up and leave for good a week today.

Have a wonderful time at the wedding Celeb, it's certain to be a great celebration.

cathymum Fri 22-Jul-16 17:29:13

Hello ladies
I am new to GN and have been watching your thread with horror at how unkind some people can be. I have been inspired by your dignity under the really difficult situations you cope with and wish you all the very best.flowers

Smileless2012 Fri 22-Jul-16 18:02:07

Thank you cathymumsmile

Yogagirl Fri 22-Jul-16 18:08:43

Thank you Cathymum Av1Areader dramatic Meercat and of course all the regular posters from our other deleted thread flowers

Smileless wish I had a lovely hubby like your Mr.S If he keeps making it look more and more lovely at your holiday home, you won't want to leave and move into the new one shock

Celebgran hope you had a good flight. Have a great time at the wedding.

You can have your wine now everyone, it's gone 6 o'clock grin

Smileless2012 Fri 22-Jul-16 18:20:33

Oooh that's a great idea but I'll try and wait for mywineuntil
Mr. S. gets home Yogagirl.

So was our thread deleted? Who by, GNHQ? I'm still not sure what's been going on, I was only posting on it yesterday (I think it was yesterdayblush). Can some one fill me in please.

Mumsy Sat 23-Jul-16 07:29:00

sent you a pm smiles.

So nice to see some new posters on this support thread, welcome to you all.

On reading back on the other estrangement threads it made me wonder is it mainly the girls that cause the estrangement? I ask this as I have a wonderful relationship with my son and his wife and of course my 2 yr old grandson, they dont live near me but we skype every week and they visit when they can, due to poor health I cant do the visits.
The adult grandchildren are both girls to and it hasnt help the situation as theyve been 'brainwashed' by there parents. The son in law is a bit of a control freak! he even interfered between the friendly relationship between me and his mother! so theres no contact there and that was where I got my info from re the grandkids.

have a good weekend everyone flowers

Luckylegs9 Sat 23-Jul-16 08:11:11

Rosy, heart goes out to you, what is the matter with your dil?
Congratulation Celebregran on your new arrival. Enjoy the wedding.
Hope the move is progressing well Smileless.
This week it was both mine and my daughters birthday, had wonderful time, lots of cards and meals out, but that pain of estrangement is just under the surface constantly, so bad I feel I can't go on sometimes, but of course I do, we all do
Mumsey, nice to see you on and glad you gave good relationship with your son. Don't think it matters if it's male or female for family breakups, it just happens. Hi there Rhinestone and all you other posters. Have a good weekend all.

Yogagirl Sat 23-Jul-16 09:39:44

Morning Girls

Lovely day again smile.
Mumsy on the other forum I was on, that had 600 members, they did a survey and it was mostly the daughters that did the estrangements! No doubt down to controlling husband.

Luckylegs Happy Birthday flowers I'm the same, about it being just under the surface when out having a good time, but at least it is under now, unlike the first years when it was very much on the surface. It was my beautiful little GD's birthday last Sunday [from my ND], they had a BBQ and we had a great afternoon, but I kept thinking about my other GD missing out on all the love and attention the birthday girl was getting, that she used to get from us all. My GD had such a lovely birthday, loads of lovely big presents, hugs & kisses. We took lots of pics, family groups, but of course a big gap where my estD & GC should be, so sad.

My ND was talking about her forth coming wedding and of course her sister would have been maid-of-honour, GD bridesmaid and GS pageboy sad

I watched 24hr emergency last night and a mother that took her little girl in said she had named her little girl after her grandmother as she was her best friend, that stayed with me all night & this morning, will always remember that now, as I think that would have been me & my darling GD, we were so close, she used to phone me all the time sad

NanaandGrampy Sat 23-Jul-16 09:44:22

Just popped into to see how you all are!

Congratulations on the new arrival!

Hope you all have a relaxing and happy weekend !

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion