Gransnet forums

Relationships

Appropriate behaviour

(77 Posts)
Toto309 Sun 27-Jan-19 07:45:06

I'm not a prude but I was in a Patisserie Valerie cafe for afternoon tea. I was sat with my sister & the queue was forming for the till right next to us, So far, no issues.
That was until a couple in maybe their 30's/40's joined.
Right next to us the man lowered his hand and placed it under the woman's skirt! Didn't keep it there long, the woman didn't comment on it so couldn't have minded or didn't want to cause a scene.
I was too surprised and embarrassed to say anything plus I'm not sure I'd have known what to say.
I just found it totally unacceptable.

Willow10 Sun 27-Jan-19 07:50:42

Yuk! I hope he washed his hands before eating! confused

cavewoman Sun 27-Jan-19 07:54:16

Could this be why they have gone into administration??

MawBroon Sun 27-Jan-19 08:01:45

My thought too! grin

BlueBelle Sun 27-Jan-19 08:04:06

Why Willow10 it’s his food going into his mouth so his choice ? have you never heard of xxxx sex better not say it as there might be children listening ???

Well glad you didn’t say anything Toto what could you say
‘Don’t do that you ll get crossed eyes’ or ‘naughty, naughty I’m watching you’ or ‘tut tut’

Bet they weren’t married

Willow10 Sun 27-Jan-19 08:30:43

Thank you for putting me straight BlueBelle - I'll keep my mouth shut in future.

Elegran Sun 27-Jan-19 09:23:24

A hug, - OK.
A hand up a skirt - gross.

They should get a room if they are so lustful.

Elegran Sun 27-Jan-19 09:29:08

I was standing in a crowded tram once when a middle-aged woman got on with a younger, rather tatty blonde. She proceeded to fondle this girl and nuzzle her neck for the whole journey, while eyeing round the rest of the passengers with a triumphant "bet I've shocked you"" smirk. No-one met her eye.

Luckygirl Sun 27-Jan-19 09:33:32

On a slightly different tack, I was in a supermarket one day and a rather large man was pushing his trolley just in front of me when he stopped, parted his buttocks with his hand and farted loudly!

I would rather witness a bit of a fondle. smile

KatyK Sun 27-Jan-19 10:16:54

I worked in Birmingham city centre for nearly 40 years. I saw all sorts. grinblush

crazyH Sun 27-Jan-19 10:48:29

Disgusting .....can't they wait till they get home?

BlueBelle Sun 27-Jan-19 11:00:35

You don’t have to keep your mouth shut Willow it’s only a jokey opinion and I did put a row of smilies so it wasn’t said to be nasty I personally think it’s a pretty gross thing for Toto to sit next to

ninathenana Sun 27-Jan-19 11:29:09

Puts a new slant on PDA smilesmile

BradfordLass72 Mon 28-Jan-19 07:18:42

Toto said the woman didn't comment, speculating she didn't like to make a fuss and I inferred from that he was a complete stranger to her.

I'd have reached for a fork quick sharp and jabbed it where his legs meet. grin

CatMum59 Mon 28-Jan-19 09:42:22

They are probably lovers who are married to other people. I know a couple like that.

EllanVannin Mon 28-Jan-19 10:18:28

Appropriate behaviour ? I don't think so !

inishowen Mon 28-Jan-19 11:05:10

He could be a controlling partner. He does what he likes to the woman and she can't object.

Nananolife Mon 28-Jan-19 11:10:01

dirty bugger

David1968 Mon 28-Jan-19 11:12:11

If this was in California, then someone might have declaimed (loudly), Elegran's phrase of: "get a room!". (Which is quite a useful phrase, I think.)

driverann Mon 28-Jan-19 11:13:06

I was talking to two lesbian friends over the weekend and they told me they are going to sell their waterbed on eBay. When I asked why they said they felt they were drifting apart. ?

Lily65 Mon 28-Jan-19 11:14:18

Oh mon dieu une tarte tatin.

spabbygirl Mon 28-Jan-19 11:18:39

love it driverann!! smile

Venus Mon 28-Jan-19 11:18:56

When I was last in Patisserie Valerie, I looked in the shop window and there were flies all over the cakes. When I went in, I mentioned this and the manageress had a look. She came back and said that they were 'fruit flies' and tthey couldn't do anything about it. No wonder the company are in administation!

jaylucy Mon 28-Jan-19 11:19:56

Depends how far up her skirt his hand went! If she was wearing a fairly full skirt and he put his hand under her skirt, on her knee, no problem but any further is not really on , in public. They maybe not realise what can be seen by other people that are sitting nearby. If it had been me in your place, a rather loud remark along the lines of "some people can't seem to help themselves" would have been made - but at least she didn't reciprocate by putting her hand inside his flies !!

Leavesden Mon 28-Jan-19 11:23:52

I think people just do this sort of thing to shock, to see what sort of reaction they get. SAD