Gransnet forums

Relationships

DH didn't even notice I had gone out !!

(51 Posts)
Lilypops Wed 29-Jan-20 08:48:37

We had a rather heated argument yesterday,, nothing serious just over some new wardrobes I wanted, he said we don't need them ,and so it went on , He went off in a huff upstairs and I thought right and I went for a long walk to cool off, I was gone at least an hour and it was b::::y freezing but I thought "I,ll show him ". I came back expecting him to say oh I was worried about you ,where have you been my love !! He hadn't even noticed I had gone out. So that was a waste of time wasn't it, I just had to share it as I thought it was funny afterwards,, Honestly. Men ,, We have made up now by the way. ,

bikergran Wed 29-Jan-20 08:50:29

Lilypops come lunch/tea time he would have noticed hmm

SpringyChicken Wed 29-Jan-20 09:20:25

Wait until he wants to change the car ...

Lilypops Wed 29-Jan-20 09:20:35

Biker gran, yes I think he would have wondered where his tea was !

NotSpaghetti Wed 29-Jan-20 09:24:34

A long walk is never truly wasted though.
?

Katyj Wed 29-Jan-20 09:25:10

He probably just said that to wind you up. I hope you get the wardrobes smile

lucywinter Wed 29-Jan-20 09:30:51

Shouldn't laugh, but gringringrin

Make sure you get those wardrobes!

rivercross Wed 29-Jan-20 09:45:10

Men are from Mars - Women from Venus - we think different!

Granny23 Wed 29-Jan-20 09:46:56

In the early days of our marriage, we had a heated argument about ???? (I've long since forgotten what) and I stormed out, in slippers and no coat. Went walkabout in the less than salubrious area of the town where we had a wee flat in among industrial buildings. There was fresh snow on the ground and when my temper rapidly cooled and I headed back the way that I had come, I could see my footprints clearly. Horror of horrors I could also see from the footprints that someone was following me. Broke into a run and arrived back to find the flat locked and in darkness.

As you will have guessed it was DH who had followed me "to make sure I came to no harm". Never been so frightened in my life, nor so pleased to see him.

TerryM Wed 29-Jan-20 09:47:13

Slightly different bent.
I was pottering downstairs for about half an hour.
Went back upstairs ... husband's comment "geez love you were a long time in the loo "

optimist Wed 29-Jan-20 09:49:27

I went away for three days once and my husband didnt notice.......but then I had grown up with a rather over involved father and think I had chosen to marry someone more distant. Anyway we had a good marriage for 50 years.

mamaa Wed 29-Jan-20 09:50:23

I remember doing similar not long after we were married, I even called into a Great-Aunt’s house who offered me a sherry and words of wisdom. My absence too had gone un-noticed, until I told him where I’d been and why. He was very shocked and very attentive for oh probably the whole of that evening! This was 39 years ago so great aunts advice must have worked wink

craftycarol Wed 29-Jan-20 09:59:41

Similar happened to me years ago. After a row, I grabbed my car keys and drove off in a huff. Then ran out of petrol! Angry and embarrassed I walked back home to the delight of my husband. Never ran out of petrol again!

Buffy Wed 29-Jan-20 10:00:41

Lovely story Granny23.

icanhandthemback Wed 29-Jan-20 10:08:14

craftycarol. grin
Having flooded the kitchen floor yet again with our old twin tub, my husband was furious with me. I shouted back, grabbed the basket of washing, stormed out and took it to my mother's for a good moan. As I went round the mini roundabout, the car door flew open, the washing basket flew out and my smalls distributed themselves far and wide. I had to leap between the oncoming cars to pick everything up before heading on to Mum's. By the time I got there I was giggling at the absurdity of it all and my husband was slightly perplexed when I returned with a load of clean washing in fine spirits.

Shortlegs Wed 29-Jan-20 10:08:27

Bikergran; Lilypops; maybe just a tad sexist?

Aepgirl Wed 29-Jan-20 10:10:30

Some years ago we had arranged that my husband would meet me from the bus stop after a day out. As soon as I saw his car, I waved and started to move to the passenger’s side. He nearly ran me over, and said he hadn’t seen me - should have gone to Specsavers.

pamdixon Wed 29-Jan-20 10:12:30

Optimist - I'm fascinated that you went away for 3 days and your husband didn't notice.................!

craftycarol Wed 29-Jan-20 10:46:08

Icanhandthembackgrin That is brilliant!!!

Juicylucy Wed 29-Jan-20 10:59:49

Sorry but that’s funny. Next time go to local cafe have your lunch/ tea then Stroll back home and at tea time say “ oh I’ve eaten”. That should make him notice.

Ashcombe Wed 29-Jan-20 11:09:18

Icanhandthemback
DH and I are still giggling about the escaping smalls! Good enough for a TV comedy script e.g. “Some Mothers Do ‘Ave ‘Em”!!

Alypoole Wed 29-Jan-20 11:18:41

Many years ago I declared “ I’m off I’ve had enough!” My mild mannered husband replied after asking where I was going “Give us a clue, love.”
I drove to a nearby seaside town. It was grey and drizzling. When I returned home I felt such a fool and he and the 3 children were absolutely fine. Doh!

Minerva Wed 29-Jan-20 11:32:04

My children didn’t notice when heir father went away on business. He’d been gone 4 days when one of them said “where’s Dad?”

whywhywhy Wed 29-Jan-20 11:42:59

That is so funny, but at least you had a lovely walk. I don't do it now but I was forever storming off with the previous partner as he was so inconsiderate. Once I took our young son to the seaside for the day. When I got back he had been at his friend's house all day and hadn't noticed that I had been out. I was so annoyed as the weather was rubbish and the house was warm and dry. Doh!!

Abuelana Wed 29-Jan-20 11:50:20

Hope you’re still getting your wardrobes ?