Gransnet forums

Relationships

Worry guts

(17 Posts)
Jen67patte Mon 16-May-22 10:34:50

Morning all
I just wanted to say, do any of you potter along quiet happily, and all it takes is one of your children to say something that may not be good in their life for you to go into a complete downy?? Or is it just me??!

Grandmabatty Mon 16-May-22 10:36:27

Oh definitely me. I try not to worry when I can't do anything but it's very difficult!

Jen67patte Mon 16-May-22 10:37:55

I’m not alone then!!
It can literally effect me for days!

henetha Mon 16-May-22 10:40:22

Yes, you are not alone in this. I'm mostly ok, but if anything affects the children or grandchildren then I slide down into deep worry spirals.... you know the feeling...

BeEmerald Mon 16-May-22 10:42:09

I think it’s normal in the best way possible to want your children at any age to be happy and to worry if they aren’t. It shows you’re a great mum Jen67patte

ginny Mon 16-May-22 10:54:26

Perfectly normal as far as I’m concerned.

crazyH Mon 16-May-22 11:02:08

You are not alone. Sometimes, to save our sanity, it’s best not to know what’s going on in their lives ?

ruthiek Mon 16-May-22 11:06:59

You describe me 100%

shysal Mon 16-May-22 11:12:05

It is said that we can only be as happy as our unhappiest child, whatever their age.
It certainly applies to me. I am sure my mother never worried about me, but my father did. He also got a spot on his nose when worried!

CatsCatsCats Mon 16-May-22 11:17:16

You're definitely not the only one.

If I could be paid for everytime I worried, I'd be a billionnaire. I worry about the trials and tribulations of my family (and this year there have been some corkers!). I worry about my cats when they are ill, but the most consistent worry through adult life has been over money.

Elizabeth27 Mon 16-May-22 12:02:20

I have been known to worry for a week about a problem my daughter has told me about only to be told ‘oh that, I sorted it ages ago’

luluaugust Mon 16-May-22 12:05:27

Me to. DS going through some medical treatment at present and I am on tenterhooks until it is all over even though it is straightforward I hope.........

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 16-May-22 12:06:23

I’m exactly the same OP.

Libman Mon 16-May-22 12:08:29

A mother is only as happy as her unhappiest child. ?

ayse Mon 16-May-22 12:08:33

shysal

It is said that we can only be as happy as our unhappiest child, whatever their age.
It certainly applies to me. I am sure my mother never worried about me, but my father did. He also got a spot on his nose when worried!

How true and it’s so worrying. The worse thing is you/I/one can do little to help and just listen.

HousePlantQueen Mon 16-May-22 12:14:35

I could worry for Britain. I worry about my adult children who seem to be (luckily) far more carefree than I am. I sometimes have to give myself a good mental shake or I could spiral into anxiety.

Greenfinch Mon 16-May-22 12:15:32

I think it depends on the AC. I tend not to worry about my middle one as he copes so well with everything that is thrown at him but the other two - definitely.