Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Hello hello

(39 Posts)
Tech (GNHQ) Thu 05-May-11 01:38:33

Just mooching and checking things are working (ish....)

MmeLindt Thu 05-May-11 06:51:24

Good morning Tech.

Am I the first poster on Gransnet.com?

My mum is taking the children to school but I wil get her to post when she comes back.

jimswifein1964 Thu 05-May-11 08:56:38

Mmelindt, yep you prob were! I'm just here too having a nosey. All looking good so far smile

GrannyBusy Thu 05-May-11 09:54:40

Hello.
Hope the team at Gransnet are as nice as the Mumsnet team.

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 05-May-11 10:09:55

Nice to see that everyone is as excited as we are!
We promise that we're just as nice as the Mumsnet team and won't bite...

jimswifein1964 Thu 05-May-11 10:16:19

Ah, but are you the grandparents of the mn team? grin

jimswifein1964 Thu 05-May-11 10:19:48

<ahem. - spelling error in the forums box on the right with thread links - 'daughters'. Might as well start with the pedantry now grin

RustyBear Thu 05-May-11 10:20:04

I'm anticipating a bit by joining; no grandchildren yet, unless the DC aren't telling me something! but I am a Mumsnet graduate.

Just a thought on your registration form - where it asks how you found out aboiut Gransnet, there's no option for 'from Mumsnet' nor 'via Facebook', which is how I found it - we may be getting on a bit, but we do keep up! In fact I will probably most often be found on the Tech stuff topic...

Avocado Thu 05-May-11 10:28:34

Or Twitter.

Hello Gransneteers.

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 05-May-11 10:44:51

Good point, RustyBear and jimswifein1964 - and we'll get Tech to add it when they've got a min - they're all a bit rushed off their feet right now! Rather understandably, we think...

MrsM Thu 05-May-11 10:50:55

Hello everyone - it's nice to be in at the start of something.

Best wishes to Gransnet - I hope it will become a force, like Mumsnet. I have been a SagaZone member for years and have always been disappointed that althoiugh it is a lovely place for social interaction, it is rubbish at campaigning and speaking up for its member group.

I actually am a Gran, rather to my suprise, fairly new at it, and am quite hands on, caring for my little one 3 days/week.

Enough waffle - I'll head off for a look around the site

RustyBear Thu 05-May-11 12:03:20

Mumsnet is offline - now we have somewhere else to go!

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 05-May-11 12:10:23

I'm never going to get any work done!

grannieannie41 Thu 05-May-11 12:13:20

Is this the beginning of a new site- my daughter recommended it?

SueAnthony Thu 05-May-11 12:18:55

Great site, I hope it will give us a chance to advocate more and be active in communities on our doorstep and across the globe.

Spinney Thu 05-May-11 12:27:37

Gransnet, please can you add a special needs section. One of the frequent comments on the SN section of mumsnet is that grandparents so often don't understand what families are facing and dealing with, and it would be good to have a section on here where grandparents can talk with each other about these things and hopefully be able to improve their support for their families. Thanks

grannyactivist Thu 05-May-11 12:29:15

Hi, I've only quite recently registered with mumsnet, so I'm a bit of a newbie, but I'm very glad to discover gransnet as that is really where I'm up to in life. I've very recently become a bit of an activist (hence the name) and think it's great to have a site that gives us grannies a bit of a voice.

Lovewords Thu 05-May-11 12:40:21

hello,
I am interested to know Grandparents who have not access to their Grandchildren.As i am in a similar position
.Many thanks.

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 05-May-11 13:04:34

Thanks for all of your suggestions, they're all really useful and we'll be taking them all into account as the site continues to grow.

grannieannie41 Yes, this is a new site, and your daughter has excellent taste wink

Lovewords you might like to start a thread to see if there's anyone on here in a similar situation? We're sure you'll get some great advice and support from other grans.

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 05-May-11 13:13:06

Josie - I'm sure Tech is very busy in that shed, but just to point out - if you just Google 'gransnet' it doesn't take you to the actual site, just to lots of Mumsnet discussions about Gransnet.

NanaFranna Thu 05-May-11 14:50:54

Hi Grannies,
due to join you in June when first grandchild due, v excited smile

supernana Thu 05-May-11 15:08:58

Talk about a kafuffle...it took almost half a day to get the hang of getting myself accepted as a new member. Isn't it exciting, girls? Wish that we could pop the cork on a decent bottle of Champagne. Why? Because we deserve it! smile)

supernana Thu 05-May-11 15:11:05

That makes two of us...

pianoplayer Thu 05-May-11 15:18:45

Just joined Gransnet and saying hello to everyone!

NanaRoyle Thu 05-May-11 16:47:07

hello everyone smile