Gransnet forums

Site stuff

help

(11 Posts)
nanamo Tue 10-May-11 17:07:35

Just been to add photos and 2 went on no problems
but the third angry I edit but it wont save.
Also it seem that i registered 9 grandsons all in the same year, honest i was not hitting the wine when i filled in the form. Wonder if a tot of whiskey would help?

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 10-May-11 17:16:30

Sorry you're having trouble with My Gransnet, nanamo. We're sure a tot of whiskey wouldn't hurt grin.

While you're fetching a glass, take a look at 'My grandchildren', where you can edit all the details you originally entered for your grandchildren. This is in 'My Gransnet'.

Glad you're adding photos! Is there any way the photo might be too big to upload? What kind of file is it? Jpegs are normally best.

nanamo Tue 10-May-11 17:23:11

Photo uploaded i just cant add writing, well i can but it wont save. off to see if i can re-edit my grandchildren. Many thanks

nanamo Tue 10-May-11 17:31:41

Sorry to be a pest but...... did a public profile, told it to save but no luck it just will not save. perhaps 2 glasses of whiskey!

nanamo Tue 10-May-11 17:35:36

YES I just knew the second glass would do it, my picture problem solved

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 11-May-11 10:00:11

Whiskey does solve most tech problems, we tend to find smile
Did you manage to sort out saving your profile?

nanamo Wed 11-May-11 21:47:40

no josie not yet. smile

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 12-May-11 10:25:43

Oh dear, sorry about that! As I explained on the other thread we're having some issues with users' profiles not being clickable from the forums when they should be. This will be fixed asap,

You've definitely saved it - you can see it here: www.gransnet.com/Profile?nick=nanamo. If you substitute another username in that link for yours, you'll be able to see that user's profile, if they have one.

If you've clicked 'save', your changes will have been saved, but it may be that we need a confirmation to say that? Hope that helps, and don't turn to the whiskey yet!

glassortwo Thu 12-May-11 11:29:16

Hi Josie Just had a pm from someone and it was not until I went into my email account that I realised it had been there since yesterday. Is that the only way I would find out if I had received a pm, or am I missing something important.

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 12-May-11 15:27:09

Hi glass, just next to 'Log out' at the top is 'Inbox' where you'll find your PMs. You can check there to see if there are any new PMs from other gransnetters. You can also send PMs to other gransnetters from there. Hope that helps smile

glassortwo Thu 12-May-11 22:17:21

Thanks Josie. I had seen that inbox but unsure if it highlighted that there were any unread messages