Gransnet forums

Site stuff

The red print message.

(9 Posts)
jangly Mon 18-Jul-11 10:44:34

Does anyone else feel really curious to know what has been posted when this comes up. One today about an ad agency in San Diego! What!!!? grin

Notsogrand Mon 18-Jul-11 10:51:00

The red print message come up when a thread has been deleted jangly.

glassortwo Mon 18-Jul-11 11:03:21

Makes me wish I had been there earlier to see what it was grin always have been nosy!

jangly Mon 18-Jul-11 11:04:33

I know glassortwo. Just not quick enough!

helshea Mon 18-Jul-11 11:08:31

Me too, I want to know (tripping over my bottom lip). If gransnet want it gone, why not delete it altogether... but it does add interest.

jangly Mon 18-Jul-11 11:10:51

It could be just that they haven't paid an advertising fee. But San Diego! Weird.

jangly Mon 18-Jul-11 11:11:33

Oh come on Geraldine or Josi. Tell us! grin

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 18-Jul-11 11:28:05

Normally when you get a red message, it's because someone has posted a spam message advertising something (not always that relevant or interesting to you, as you've already seen!)

We don't let anyone advertise or promote products on the forums, otherwise it gets mixed up with genuine product recommendations from gransnetters, which then seem less trustworthy by comparison.

The reason that deleted threads stay on Active, Last Day etc is because the system needs to 'refresh' itself before working out that the discussion has gone. <looks knowledgeable about tech thingummies that really are way over my head>

Hope that helps

jangly Mon 18-Jul-11 19:54:23

Crikey.

I mean, I absolutely understand everything in that last paragraph. smile