Gransnet forums

Site stuff

GN seems to have been hi-jacked!!!

(18 Posts)
GrannyGravy13 Sat 11-Jul-20 13:58:59

I have noticed that GN has been infiltrated by several posters with short name and numbers usernames. I have reported some of them.

Have the schools broken up?

EllanVannin Sat 11-Jul-20 14:11:26

I've noticed too now and again. Sad beings.

Charleygirl5 Sat 11-Jul-20 14:21:42

Oh dear, I must be asleep because I have not noticed

geekesse Sat 11-Jul-20 14:23:27

Most likely some kind of get-rich-quick scheme, the kind of thing you see advertised on lamp-posts in big cities: ‘Earn £50 an hour in your spare time’. Usually involves no hourly pay at all, just a tiny amount of commission only on sales, and recruiters get paid for every sales-person they recruit. It’s a scam at every level.

Baggs Sat 11-Jul-20 14:45:41

Except as hubs for the children of key workers, schools have been closed for weeks!!

Drum1234 Sat 11-Jul-20 14:47:10

No they haven't, Baggs. My grandson has been in school for the last half term and he's not the child of a key worker.

Baggs Sat 11-Jul-20 14:49:23

Scottish ones have been and so has my grandsons' school in England, drum.

Drum1234 Sat 11-Jul-20 14:53:34

Okay, some of them have been open and some of them have been closedsmile. All the ones in my town have been open except for a very small one which was unable to abide by the distancing rules. I'll stop hijacking this thread nowwink

Baggs Sat 11-Jul-20 14:54:08

Also, why all the stuff I've seen in the news about schools reopening (or not!) in September (August in Scotland) if they haven't been closed?

I think it was yesterday I saw a claim that 25% of parents in England and Wales say they don't think it's safe for their kids to go back to school in September.

What's that about if not that most schools have been closed during lockdown?

Baggs Sat 11-Jul-20 14:55:17

x posts, drum. Have to say I'm surprised by your claim if only because of the impressions I've got from news media.

NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 11-Jul-20 15:38:55

Hi all,

Just to let you know we deleted the spam posts earlier. Please do report any posts like these and we will take a look. smile

BlueBelle Sat 11-Jul-20 15:51:44

drum they are all different my grandkids haven’t had any ‘real‘ school’ since lockdown began and none In our area has been opened

Chewbacca Sat 11-Jul-20 15:55:45

Same here in Cheshire BlueBelle. 6 months with no proper education by the time they go back in September. Even preschools and nurseries remain closed except for key workers.

AGAA4 Sat 11-Jul-20 16:01:27

Schools in Wales have been open for all year groups since 29th June. I think only a third of the children in on any one day.

WOODMOUSE49 Sat 11-Jul-20 16:11:23

Baggs
Schools in England have always been open for key workers’ and forces children. Gov then wanted Foundation, year 1 and 6 went back, which they did. Gov then withdrew proposal for all others to return for last few weeks of term.
Proposals is for ALL schools (England) to open in September. Schools are still waiting for guidelines about this. This doesn’t infer that ALL schools were closed.

annodomini Sat 11-Jul-20 16:12:36

Private schools in England have, in some instances, been open for longer than state schools. In conversation this week with someone who has a daughter in private education she mentioned that the child had only just broken up.

Galaxy Sat 11-Jul-20 16:19:21

All schools in my area are open for years 6 year 1 and reception. Majority of preschools are open.

Baggs Sat 11-Jul-20 16:39:09

Thanks for all the clarifications ?
I’d forgotten about the semi-openings with yrs one and six. I wasn’t counting as “open” the hubs for key worker kids evause, according to my workmates with scool age kids, it was hardly schooling.