Gransnet forums

Site stuff

‘Mobile site‘ option has disappeared for me.

(32 Posts)
SueDonim Wed 09-Sep-20 17:37:59

I usually read GN using the mobile site option. It’s suddenly reverted to the standard site and now I can’t find the mobile site option, which used to be right at the bottom of the page.

I’ve tried logging out and back in but that hasn’t worked. Any ideas? Thanks!

Lilolil Wed 09-Sep-20 17:44:53

I've got the opposite problem! Got the mobile version and can't change it to the desktop site.

vegansrock Wed 09-Sep-20 17:46:12

me too- site went randomly to desktop, now can’t get mobile site on ipad.

Squiffy Wed 09-Sep-20 18:12:10

GNHQ have already got their tech team working on the issue. Lots of us reported it a few days ago.

Fingers crossed it’ll be sorted soon! ?????

SueDonim Wed 09-Sep-20 18:17:17

Thanks, Squiffy. I must have missed that announcement. Gremlins in the works again, eh? grin

Chewbacca Wed 09-Sep-20 19:06:51

Ditto.

BlueBelle Wed 09-Sep-20 22:16:55

I started a thread about this last week and one of the hq staff said they would get the techs to look into it however Nothing has been done and I cannot change to desktop to get rid of all the game threads filling up my newsfeed which is very irritating

maddyone Wed 09-Sep-20 23:22:29

I’m another one. My email has changed to the standard site and I want to use the mobile site. It used to be at the bottom of the page but it’s not there now. It’s extremely irritating.

rosecarmel Sat 12-Sep-20 02:01:58

The change for me occurred after the Privacy Settings update- Where the Desktop/Mobile option was located, at the bottom of the page, there's only the Privacy Settings feature-

Also, there is no way to Sign out/Log off- The button/option to do so is gone- I have to close the browser to do so- If I don't .. I get followed, and ads for the sites I've visited show up at the top of the page, the bottom, and in between posts in threads-

On my laptop, I've only desktop- On my phone and tablet, only mobile-

BlueBelle Sat 12-Sep-20 05:38:53

www.gransnet.com/forums/site_stuff/1284238-Now-I-ve-lost-something
This is where hq answers are

BBbevan Sat 12-Sep-20 16:08:06

Same as Lilolil I use my kindle and can’t get the desktop site anymore

Lisagran Tue 15-Sep-20 17:49:09

Still not able to switch from mobile to desktop....... hmm

maddyone Tue 15-Sep-20 18:41:31

And me still unable to switch from desktop to mobile. Crazy.

Lisagran Tue 15-Sep-20 18:51:57

Helloooo, GNHQ, can you hear us? Can you fix this please?

varian Tue 15-Sep-20 19:03:32

This has also happened on my mobile. I prefer the desktop site so why not make it available?

maddyone Tue 15-Sep-20 19:45:11

If only we could swop Varian.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 15-Sep-20 20:15:33

Hi all, this is a glitch but yes our tech team is working on it. If you do want to switch in the meantime these links should help:
Desktop: www.gransnet.com/version-choice?page=/forums&p=p&v=desktop
Mobile: www.gransnet.com/version-choice?page=/forums&p=p&v=mobile

In future please do email us on contactus if we haven't responded on a thread like this. Or report it to us. We don't read every thread so it's easily missed. Thank you! smile

rosecarmel Thu 17-Sep-20 03:38:13

LaraGransnet

Hi all, this is a glitch but yes our tech team is working on it. If you do want to switch in the meantime these links should help:
Desktop: www.gransnet.com/version-choice?page=/forums&p=p&v=desktop
Mobile: www.gransnet.com/version-choice?page=/forums&p=p&v=mobile

In future please do email us on contactus if we haven't responded on a thread like this. Or report it to us. We don't read every thread so it's easily missed. Thank you! smile

Hi, how big/little (qualified) is your "tech" team? smile

Maybe one of them (might know how to write code) could add the links to the "Links" section below -- rather than having to hunt down this thread .. smile

rosecarmel Thu 17-Sep-20 03:41:02

The Links section is to the right of the Smileys section and below Emphasis .. smile

rosecarmel Thu 17-Sep-20 03:45:47

For me, the options disappeared September 5th .. (I think)

10 days .. to fix a bug ..

But who is counting?

smile

BlueBelle Thu 17-Sep-20 07:03:30

It’s ridiculous isn’t it Rosecarmel My news feed now has nearly all games in it which I don’t want to use and want to clear out ???
I really can’t understand how something like this isn’t manageable 10 days and counting for a ‘glitch’

Lisagran Thu 17-Sep-20 07:14:49

Bump

rosecarmel Thu 17-Sep-20 12:31:42

This morning the site is set to desktop- Not optional- Its the default setting- There is nothing below the Shortcuts Menu, no option to choose Mobile or Desktop, no Privacy Settings-

BlueBelle Thu 17-Sep-20 13:53:42

Exactly and without that option I cannot clean up my newsfeed which is full of games I want to get rid of
I m staying on mobile which is fine but without changing to desktop how can I clean the newsfeed up ???

Lisagran Thu 17-Sep-20 14:54:36

Bump