Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Pop-up survey

(20 Posts)
GrandmaKT Wed 16-Sep-20 11:19:23

I am getting a pop-up survey about Rule of Six from HotJar whenever I go onto the Gransnet site (yesterday and today on laptop). Is this something that has been approved by Gransnet? It is in the site colours, which seems to give it a quasi-official look.
Is everyone getting this?

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 16-Sep-20 11:23:22

Hello, yes it is an official survey, thanks for checking GrandmaKT

GrannyGravy13 Wed 16-Sep-20 12:17:29

I have just completed it, quick and easy.

janeainsworth Wed 16-Sep-20 12:35:39

I’ve ignored it. Who are Hotjar and who are they working for?
I think we should be told.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 16-Sep-20 13:28:12

Hi Jane, Hotjar is a platform that delivers surveys. We use it on Gransnet. The survey itself is ours. Thanks for checking. smile

janeainsworth Wed 16-Sep-20 13:43:43

Thanks Lara ?

NotSpaghetti Wed 16-Sep-20 13:55:05

I haven’t seen it at all!

Riverwalk Wed 16-Sep-20 14:27:04

LaraGransnet

Hi Jane, Hotjar is a platform that delivers surveys. We use it on Gransnet. The survey itself is ours. Thanks for checking. smile

It might have been helpful for you to announce that it was a GN survey, rather than just another pesky pop-up.

Oldwoman70 Wed 16-Sep-20 14:47:32

Yes I saw it several times - as I didn't know who they were or where it was from I ignored it.

GrandmaKT Wed 16-Sep-20 19:53:16

Riverwalk

LaraGransnet

It might have been helpful for you to announce that it was a GN survey, rather than just another pesky pop-up.

Yes, I agree. I checked the site stuff to see if there had been any announcements. Surely it should be standard practice to tell people if you are running a survey?
I will complete it if it pops up again!

kittylester Wed 16-Sep-20 20:23:54

Well I've completed it but it reappears again quite often.

MayBee70 Wed 16-Sep-20 20:44:38

So the survey is by gransnet for gransnet and the results will not be passed on to a third party?

janeainsworth Wed 16-Sep-20 20:45:54

It would be interesting if GN published the results.

Greenfinch Wed 16-Sep-20 21:22:27

What kittylester says. I could have done it twenty times over!

grumppa Wed 16-Sep-20 21:56:09

I don’t think a simple yes/no answer choice is adequate for this question.

JackyB Thu 17-Sep-20 02:11:21

I don't understand why I get it as I'm not in the UK so the question does not affect me.

FannyCornforth Thu 17-Sep-20 05:00:25

Like grumppa suggests, there isn't much scope for nuance.
Take the initial question - 'do you agree with the rule of six?'
You could answer 'no' for two reasons, you think it's too strict, or conversely, not strict enough.
'Will you be seeing your grand children at Christmas?'
Well no, I don't have any.
My husband does, and he may or may not see them as they are adults.
Seems not fit for purpose really.

janeainsworth Thu 17-Sep-20 07:19:25

Let’s hope it doesn’t find its way into the Daily Mail - ‘A survey of grandparents suggests that older people are likely to flout the Rule of Six’ shockhmmgrin

MayBee70 Thu 17-Sep-20 16:11:40

Well, the holiday cottage company that we book through has informed us that, as from this Friday only 6 people will be allowed in a cottage and only one household (although there was a mention of bubbles). Won’t affect us as there’s only 2 of us but it’s very short notice for other people. And, as it’s in the borders people north of the border don’t have to include children but south of the border they do. So how many people will have had their holiday cancelled with one days notice? But can still go into a pub/restaurant where there are many other people. The whole thing is just shambolic. I feel so sorry for people that will be affected by it. I assume people can still go abroad in a larger group? I’ve lost track of what the rules are.

Squiffy Thu 17-Sep-20 17:12:08

Exactly Grumppa and FannyC!

You may not agree with it, but will comply with it, or vice versa!