Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Royal threads hidden! ?

(62 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

FannyCornforth Wed 09-Jun-21 07:23:47

Hello all
A few days ago I hid the 'Royal Chat' thread, and the 'Lilibet' thread.

Yesterday I un-hid them and posted on the former, in fact I have just posted on it.

However - I can't see it in the Active list, or in the Trending list confused

They seem to have hidden themselves, but they aren't on my Hidden Thread list either!

Can everyone else see them?
Can you please comment below to say if you can / cannot see the two Royal threads mentioned?
Thank you!

tanith Wed 09-Jun-21 07:29:46

Can’t see them in the Active thread but I used ‘search’ for them and there they are.

MawBe Wed 09-Jun-21 07:30:46

It’s even news to me you can hide a thread! How?

tanith Wed 09-Jun-21 07:32:20

I was wondering that too, who knew?

Sparklefizz Wed 09-Jun-21 07:34:26

Can't see them in the "Active" thread but they are visible when I click "I'm on".

Had no idea it was possible to hide a thread. How?

Aldom Wed 09-Jun-21 07:41:01

To Hide a thread click on the v in the red circle, top right corner of the page. Select hide this thread.

FannyCornforth Wed 09-Jun-21 08:00:17

tanith

Can’t see them in the Active thread but I used ‘search’ for them and there they are.

Why? Why aren't they in Active?
The Royal Chat thread is extremely companiable and no falling out what so ever!
Maw how is it going on your thread?

(Btw the Palace has issued a statement saying that Harry did not speak to the Queen about the name - just pretend you didn't see that ? I wouldn't want this thread to be hidden too)

Aldom is right, I use the mobile site - click on the V
I've hidden all of the games threads!
I often hide a thread if I know that it's going to wind me up, and that I might do something that I regret!
If a thread has a very distressing title, I occasionally hide them too

Thanks all

FannyCornforth Wed 09-Jun-21 08:03:32

Sparklefizz same for me.
But only the Royal Chat thread, not Lilibet. How odd...

FannyCornforth Wed 09-Jun-21 08:05:22

No, my mistake, they are both in I'm On.
So back to the issue - why are they not in Active, and Trending?

CafeAuLait Wed 09-Jun-21 08:06:42

I've just checked the 'last hour'. I can see both threads there even though I've never opened them before.

Riverwalk Wed 09-Jun-21 08:07:34

Curious - they're not listed in 'Active' which is the last 50 threads or so, but are listed in 'Last Hour'.

Fanny the Palace has not issued a statement about the name; the BBC only refers to a Palace 'source' - not the same thing.

shysal Wed 09-Jun-21 08:09:30

I think there are so many Games threads that the other topics soon drop off the end of the active list.

FannyCornforth Wed 09-Jun-21 08:09:33

Thank you Riverwalk (oops!)

FannyCornforth Wed 09-Jun-21 08:11:12

shysal try hiding them

Blinko Wed 09-Jun-21 08:16:04

Aldom

To Hide a thread click on the v in the red circle, top right corner of the page. Select hide this thread.

Can't see a v in a red circle anywhere... I would love to hide the wretched Games threads..

FannyCornforth Wed 09-Jun-21 08:21:49

Blinko on the mobile site, the little arrow is just below your Inbox

Blinko Wed 09-Jun-21 08:37:35

FannyCornforth

Blinko on the mobile site, the little arrow is just below your Inbox

Thanks. It must come up differently depending which device you're using. I'm on the pc and there's nothing like that. Heaven knows why, and given GN reluctance to investigate or change anything tech-related, it will probably remain a mystery.

Lucca Wed 09-Jun-21 08:37:42

Lila et thread is on “last day”

FannyCornforth Wed 09-Jun-21 08:45:04

Both threads are back on full show now. Strange

tanith Wed 09-Jun-21 08:45:07

They are back on the active thread now.

nanna8 Wed 09-Jun-21 08:49:29

I thought maybe they’d been banned and censored by MI6 as anti government or something!

Soniagransnet (GNHQ) Wed 09-Jun-21 08:59:46

Hi - just dropping in to say that 'Active' will show the last 50. If you click on the 'last hour' section, you can see the threads that are popular within the last hour - this will keep changing but no threads are being 'hidden' by GNHQ!

We hope that puts your mind at rest. Please give us a shout if you need any more help with anything. flowers

FannyCornforth Wed 09-Jun-21 09:03:39

Thank you for getting in touch Sonia

But I was posting in the Royal Chat thread and it was definitely not showing up in Active or Trending when it should have been at the top of the list (as in the having the most recent post on it)

Something was definitely 'going on'

JackyB Wed 09-Jun-21 09:31:13

This happened to me recently, too. I think I posted about it. I double-checked the time I had posted and the time of the last post on the thread at the bottom of the Active list and although I had posted far more recently, it definitely did not appear.

I found it in "I'm on".

Only when I posted a second time did it appear in "Active".

Chestnut Wed 09-Jun-21 09:37:34

Sonia - I can't see a red arrow to hide a thread. I'm on a computer and this is what I see. How can I hide a thread?