Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

Which Christmas decoration would you pick from Homebase? Chance to win £300 voucher NOW CLOSED

(420 Posts)
AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 23-Nov-17 09:40:12

Everyone has different styles when it comes to decorating the house for Christmas; some of us have our go-to decorations while others like to mix it up with different themes or something new each year. Homebase would like to know what you'd pick from their range to refresh your collection of decorations and have on display in your home (budget no issue smile).

Here’s what Homebase has to say: “At Homebase we have everything you need to make your Christmas sparkle, from trees and baubles, to giant inflatables and twinkly lights. Click here to check out our Christmas range and please share your favourite decorations below.”

How about this snowy tree? Or a Poinsettia Wreath for your door? Or even some cute Santa fairy lights?

To get you in the mood, here's some tips on decorating your tree:

Have a look at the site and share what would make it into your basket this year! Everyone who posts on the thread will be entered into a prize draw to win a £300 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
GNHQ

Standard T and Cs apply

tanith Thu 23-Nov-17 09:48:43

The Forest fruits twig wreath £10 as mine is past it's sell by grin

lemongrove Thu 23-Nov-17 09:50:21

I would definitely like the 7ft dark green Balmoral artificial Christmas tree ( if money is no object!)
My old Homebase Christmas tree is a white one and I fancy a change this year, a green tree with traditional red gold and tree decs would be lovely.smile

Lindylo Thu 23-Nov-17 10:20:49

Gold Christmas table top tree with baubles £10) as it would look great as a table centre to our Christmas meal table

Charleygirl Thu 23-Nov-17 11:36:32

I like the snowy berry wreath which would look good on my door, not expensive and is a good buy.

Teetime Thu 23-Nov-17 11:44:26

I would like the Rattan pre lit wreath as my one died last year.

shysal Thu 23-Nov-17 13:38:44

The forest fruits twig wreath is my choice. I don't usually bother with many decorations but this year I have knitted my own tree and ornaments (thanks to a GN member for posting the free pattern)!

ginny Thu 23-Nov-17 14:33:20

Just love the LED large rope reindeer silhouette or it’s brother the grazing one.

joannapiano Thu 23-Nov-17 15:02:35

The poinsettia wreath would look lovely on our green front door.

lexigran Thu 23-Nov-17 15:19:14

I would like the Copper Star Christmas lights and my family would love the Giant Singing Stag Head grin

Auntieflo Thu 23-Nov-17 15:19:16

I would love the snow tipped berry and pinecone wreath for our front door.

gillybob Thu 23-Nov-17 15:25:46

Oh dear, If money really is no object can I go for the very stylish LED spiral rope tree for my house AND the 6ft inflatable snowman for my DGC's home?

Andyf Thu 23-Nov-17 15:40:37

The 6ft pear drop tree. In fact, I'm off th home base tomorrow to have a look.

Hipsy Thu 23-Nov-17 15:48:48

Another one for the Giant Singing Stag Head !!

annodomini Thu 23-Nov-17 16:17:58

For me it's the Forest Fruits Twig Wreath which has a natural, hospitable look and says: 'please come in and enjoy a Christmas tipple'.

BBbevan Thu 23-Nov-17 16:39:34

The large LED lighted reindeer. We have quite a large shrubbery in the front garden. It would look lovely peeking out between the bushes. My DGS would love it.

Parsleywin Thu 23-Nov-17 17:40:32

The poinsettia wreath makes me feel suddenly cosy and festive, and the box of metal star tree decorations would fill in some gaps on our ageing tree!

grannyactivist Thu 23-Nov-17 17:46:37

I like the Forest Fruits Twig Wreath - and now that I've seen what a reasonable price it is I may actually buy it as my homemade one has seen better days.

vampirequeen Thu 23-Nov-17 18:39:10

I'd like the net lights for the front window.

Moocow Thu 23-Nov-17 19:11:32

It's taken me ages to decide between several items but in the end it has to be the Forest fruits twig wreath, love the look online so would hope not disappointed in the real life look.

cornergran Thu 23-Nov-17 19:22:07

It has to be lights. The LED star silhouette lights to make the front path welcoming. As money is no option four sets, please.

Granny23 Thu 23-Nov-17 21:26:22

Hard to choose between the door wreaths - would need to see them in real life. We definitely need a new one as last year ours blew away and got run over.

Grannyknot Thu 23-Nov-17 21:34:50

The Mirror Ball string of lights. All that glitters keeps out the cold smile - anything to banish the dark.

NannyTee Thu 23-Nov-17 23:52:38

The little white Christmas light tree is gorgeous. Would look splendid in my bay window grin

Maggiemaybe Fri 24-Nov-17 00:23:26

I need a string of lights for my mantelpiece - my last set had dried leaves round each bulb and they've moulted! I need to nip to the store to see the full range in real life, but the mirror ball string looks good online.