Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

Gransnet Insight end of year thread: chances to win! NOW CLOSED

(320 Posts)
AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 20-Dec-17 10:45:55

The Insight team at GNHQ wanted to say hello to you all and give you the chance to win a lovely end of year prize - read on for the chance to win...

~ A ‘Christmas All Wrapped Up’ mixed case of wine from Virgin Wines - worth £116.87 or
~ A year’s supply of Soreen - worth £70! (52 weeks x £1.35 vouchers) or
~ Cookbooks worth £42 or
~ A selection of books for grandchildren worth £73

We would love to do more product tests with Gransnetters - do tell us what you’d like to put to the test and we can get the sales team on the case! We have appreciated the thoughts you’ve shared for brands such as Fairy, Homebase and Dettol. Do check out our lovely NEW ads on this thread [fgrin].

For a chance to win one of the above prizes, please do one of the below

a) Tell us on this thread what you’d like to product test next year or
b) join the Gransnet Insight panel if you're not yet signed up - where you'll have the opportunity to share your views with GNHQ on a variety of topics and with the companies we work with and chances to win vouchers

Most of the product tests, surveys etc are on site but we also do a lot of projects with our lovely insight research panel, as well as often giving them the heads up about the latest things and chances to win on site.

Thanks as ever for your time and feedback - all very much welcome tchsmile

Happy Christmas! tchgrin
AnnGransnet, PoppyGransnet, EmmaGransnet, JustineBGransnet, and EllieGransnet.

Terms and conditions apply

Closing date: 8 January 2018

Nandalot Wed 20-Dec-17 11:31:12

I am interested in finding a good shampoo for thinning hair, face creams for dry, sensitive skin( or for different skin types) and the best soup maker.
I hope these are helpful.

kittylester Wed 20-Dec-17 11:49:33

I know we've done this before but I would like to find out which is the best cordless vacuum with a long running time - 20 mins wouldn't be enough.

kittylester Wed 20-Dec-17 11:51:40

Also, I loved taking part in the M&S chocolate tests! tchblush and would happily test loads more chocolate.

Varieties of breakfast teas would be a good one too.

Think I'm on a roll so I'll probably be back.

kittylester Wed 20-Dec-17 11:52:24

Doh! Gluten free products!! Told you I'd be back.

glammanana Wed 20-Dec-17 11:57:13

A really good toaster for just 2 slices of bread as such a lot of us only need a smaller toaster due to lack of storage and being a one person home.

gillybob Wed 20-Dec-17 12:00:39

Hair products for thinning hair and menopause related vitamins and supplements.

gillybob Wed 20-Dec-17 12:01:59

Oh and stain remover (I do a lot of washing for the grandchildren).

Nonnie Wed 20-Dec-17 12:10:27

I'm another one with thinning hair! Anything to help that would be really good.

I would also appreciate testing of washing powder/liquid/tablets as there is such a huge difference in price. Is it worth paying more?

I expect a lot of people will start diets in the new year, how about diet clubs v diy diets?

Tizliz Wed 20-Dec-17 13:16:34

toothpaste - how do you decide from all the claims which one is the best

Chewbacca Wed 20-Dec-17 16:45:10

I would welcome independent information on some kitchen items such a bread makers, soup makers and food processors.

gillyknits Wed 20-Dec-17 17:11:25

Body lotions for really dry skin., plus handcreams for even drier skin!

BBbevan Wed 20-Dec-17 17:15:10

A facial hair remover , electric or otherwise

suesue35 Wed 20-Dec-17 17:36:29

Hair Thinning Products & Dishwasher Rinse Aid
(Why is it so expensive? & can I make my own?)

Parsleywin Wed 20-Dec-17 17:39:47

Properly effective warm clothing - not the hopeless sort with a long list of false claims on its label!

And a soup maker.

And effective sunscreen for normal daily life, not just holidays where it can be applied during the day.

Thanks!

cornergran Wed 20-Dec-17 17:43:42

Gluten free products; anything for white and/or thinning hair; products for flaky/splitting nails; anything that is marketed to reduce pain.

Pittcity Wed 20-Dec-17 17:46:32

DH would love to test cars but I would prefer food and drink....wine and chocolate maybe!
Washing powder and dishwasher tablets is a good idea.

TwiceAsNice Wed 20-Dec-17 18:14:01

Best reasonably priced moisturiser for "mature" skin

Best shampoo for coloured hair

Stain remover for stains that didn't come out the first time

Bapswindon Wed 20-Dec-17 18:22:36

Thinning hair again, homeopathic pain relief for arthritis, cream for eczema, decent carpet cleaner that doesn’t leave a wet carpet, mirror cleaner that doesn’t smear....oh, and a proper shower screen cleaner that leaves a lovely sparkle, please.

callgirl1 Wed 20-Dec-17 18:26:39

My daughter has really greasy hair, but just lately there don`t seem to be any shampoos on offer for greasy hair. Dry, permed , normal, yes, but not greasy, why?

Carado Wed 20-Dec-17 18:28:49

Would love a test on dandruff shampoos - do they work, which are best for dry or greasy hair, etc

Pittcity Wed 20-Dec-17 18:31:05

Mattresses....something we all need but are faced with a huge range to choose from.

Grannyknot Wed 20-Dec-17 19:13:33

Orthotic or sport innersoles - I feel as if there is less "padding" on my feet as I've got older, they look like "small predator feet" - so would like to know which insoles are good.

Hiking socks.

Exercise clothing that wicks moisture away from the skin.

Yoga mats.

Ally321 Wed 20-Dec-17 19:48:26

Please could you test chemical free facial skin products. I currently can only use Clinique, but this is very expensive. Are there any alternatives out there? Which are best?

CrumblyMumbly Wed 20-Dec-17 21:07:42

I would love to try the Dyson fan for the raging hot flushes -and to cheer me up some Hotel Chocolat goodies please!