Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Wrinkly arms

(66 Posts)
wellingtonpie Thu 18-May-17 09:04:23

Never mind bingo wings. What do you do with arms that ate wrinkly. I use a body butter every day but it doesn't make a lot of difference. I wonder if using serum that you'd use on your face would help. But that's quite expensive. Any ideas?

whitewave Thu 18-May-17 09:24:54

I just live with it. I may bung on some oil for dry skin but age isn't something I can do much about really, except ignore it and keep buggering on.

M0nica Thu 18-May-17 13:42:23

If they bother you, keep them covered. You could also go to your local gym and see if arm exercises help, or alternatively try massage or slendertone, if it still exists.

Crafting Thu 18-May-17 13:47:33

Mine are the same. Doesn't matter how much cream I slap on them they are very wrinkly. Been like it for a long time though not just in old age.

Judthepud2 Thu 18-May-17 13:56:14

I have same problem. Body butter used every day. Used to swim very regularly. No change. As WW says, keep buggering on! I try to keep them covered at all times. Not hard in the climate I live in ?

Nanabilly Thu 18-May-17 14:14:37

Do you drink plenty of water. It could be a bit of dehydration making your arms wrinkly.

Anya Thu 18-May-17 14:32:22

It's old age. Nothing you can do about it - except cover up if you think that's better.

Riverwalk Thu 18-May-17 14:43:44

Wrinkles are loose skin and all the serums, potions and exercises in the world won't remove them. You can improve the appearance with moisturisers, and dry flaky skin will benefit from an extra dollop.

Being a few pounds overweight helps plump out wrinkles!

TriciaF Thu 18-May-17 15:57:21

Another reason is loss of muscle tissue.
I'm right handed and my right arm was always the strongest.
But after injuring my right shoulder in a fall a few years ago my left side took over. Now it's much stronger and muscular than my right. I always wear long sleeves.

ginny Thu 18-May-17 18:43:26

If it bothers you cover them up. If you think your arms bother others then they have no need to look at them.

phoenix Thu 18-May-17 18:56:43

Beautifully put, ginny!

wellingtonpie Thu 18-May-17 19:43:17

Ha ha. Very well put. I tried some face serum. Seems to look better but a bit early to tell. Ah well,

kittylester Thu 18-May-17 20:59:12

Not on your arms it doesn't, riverbank grin

whitewave Thu 18-May-17 21:03:58

What I would like to know is the makeup people like May and her Maj use to achieve such a dewy look.

Anybody read anything about what the use?

MargaretX Thu 18-May-17 21:23:51

I feel quite shocked when I look at my wrinkly arms, and I've noticed its a certain skin type. Typically English white and freckled. there is nothing that we can do except become obese and then the wrinkles will be puffed up from the inside.

Be thankful that we have both arms and that they are not painful and can be used everyday!

Theoddbird Fri 19-May-17 09:30:27

Coconut oil is brilliant smile

mags1234 Fri 19-May-17 09:37:42

Having lost a lot of weight my arms are horrendous with very wrinkly skin and wings that my granddaughter called my wobbly bits! Lots of nice sleeve things in shops tho, and I keep telling myself at least I have arms that work!

Teddy123 Fri 19-May-17 09:46:15

Snap! The creams don't work though I still use Nivea Almond Oil cream to give the wrinkles a nice glow.

MinniesMum Fri 19-May-17 09:55:33

I can recommend Lotil cream - I buy mine on Amazon - A large pump action bottle lasts me about 2/3 months. Smells a bit "medicinal" but certainly does the trick. I just spritz some cologne on after I have used it.

Lilleth Fri 19-May-17 09:58:22

Think I'll just stay out of the sun, that ages everything.

Lilleth Fri 19-May-17 09:59:46

Think I'll just stay out of the sun, that ages everything.

Caro1954 Fri 19-May-17 10:01:30

I just keep mine covered and "bugger on"! grin

Northernlass Fri 19-May-17 10:06:07

I agree with the others that it's old age; I think it's to do with collagen breaking down (in deeper layers of the skin) and not being replaced. I don't think slapping on serums etc will do anything much - other than giving the wrinkles a nice glow as Teddy123 said!grin

Solitaire Fri 19-May-17 10:08:42

My problem is prominent veins only on my lower arms and hands. I've had them as long as I can remember and certainly in my 20s. I have always worn long sleeves for this reason but in Florida I was sitting in a swimming costume and a woman said how lovely and toned my arms were...and my legs.blush
Nevertheless tonight I'm off to a special night, have tried on lovely dresses and opted for a sleeveless one but with a jacket ? i would love to wear it without, or even feel confident to take it off if I get too warm.

wellingtonpie Fri 19-May-17 10:13:58

I think it is the lack of collagen. I suppose you could take a supplement but then where do you stop. With all the tablets for this and that we'd all be rattling.
I've put on lidl's Cien serum only for 2 days but the skin does look a wee bit better. I should have creamed one arm to see if there's a difference. Maybe I'll try it!