Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

QVC - a warning!

(28 Posts)
MawBroonsback Sun 16-Jun-19 12:24:19

Point me towards these sales outlets! grin

GrannyGravy13 Sun 16-Jun-19 12:20:16

MawBroon it is not just QVC I believe ASOS and a few others are reviewing their returns policy in order to keep their profit margins up.

Free returns cost these companies money, and a lot of "returned goods" go straight into sale stock. (This happens with Next whose returns go straight to sales outlets Choice!)

MawBroonsback Sun 16-Jun-19 12:07:34

I hate shops but I love clothes (and shoes and handbags...)
I do a fair bit on the Internet - Joules and Sahara mostly, but also Dune, Woolovers and EAST back in the day.
And ........QVC who I thought were great once I realised they stock better brands and not just cheap multicoloured nylon tent shaped garments.
They also have an unconditional 30 day returns policy - whether worn or in brand new condition with labels .
Or so I thought.
Oops.
But it seems I have overstepped their limit for returns, largely on account of a few pairs of shoes purchased recently which were advertised as wide fitting (Rieker and Vionic ) but which turned our to be extremely uncomfortable. NB I have only ever returned items in brand new saleable condition, complete with labels and packaging as I am entitled to under Consumer legislation and have never taken advantage of their 30 day business.
In every programme they encourage customers to “give (something) a try, you can always take advantage of the 30 day returns policy”.
Yeah right.
A rather sniffy letter yesterday advised me that if I did not reduce my % returns, they might need to terminate my account.
Simples, I shall reduce the number of returns by not buying anything in future!
Be aware. smile