Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Lockdown skincare

(36 Posts)
Blossoming Thu 21-Jan-21 22:38:06

My complexion is looking less than radiant thanks to winter and lockdown. Any recommendations for a skincare regime to regain some glow?

cupcake1 Fri 05-Mar-21 12:14:15

Clarins double serum evened out my complexion on the first application although yet to work on lines and wrinkles ?! Not cheap although the bottle lasts quite a while.

J52 Fri 05-Mar-21 11:52:40

Thank you ladies, on your recommendation I’ve bought some Rosey glow. Used it for the first time today, awaiting a complete transformation. grin

OMalley60 Fri 05-Mar-21 11:14:31

I have just ordered my Rosy Glow by L’Oréal thank you every one for advice.

timetogo2016 Mon 01-Mar-21 10:57:58

Neals Yard face cream is very good Blossoming.
I use it in the winter when out and about and it isn`t greasy or expensive.

Trisha57 Mon 01-Mar-21 10:52:44

Well, the Rosy Glow has certainly made my skin look healthier and not so "porridge" coloured. I'll keep using it - even my OH noticed that I looked different and asked if I was wearing makeup!

Luckylegs Fri 26-Feb-21 12:57:34

You’ve got me looking now, NotaGran55 and Hourglass Ambient blah blah blah isn’t a snip of a bargain now! They all must have realised how good it is! Don’t know where to try and get it now and I’ve got to have it now you’ve mentioned it!

Trisha57 Fri 26-Feb-21 09:29:02

Blossoming - I've just ordered the Rosy Glow from ebay on all the recommendations here, including yours! I'll give it a go for a while and report back.

Blossoming Thu 18-Feb-21 16:34:34

Hello ladies, I have now being using Rosy Glow for 3 days and can see a real difference already. I have sensitive skin but no adverse effects from this. I’m naturally very pale and it definitely doesn’t show up as a different colour, nor is it heavy or greasy. Thanks for the recommendations. smile

Blossoming Wed 03-Feb-21 19:18:28

icrnan I was going to suggest using a little face cream on them. I usually run a finger along my brows when doing my face.

My L’Oreal products have arrived, I’m currently using a sample pack of No. 7 Protect and Perfect so will finish that up before switching.

icrnan Wed 03-Feb-21 19:11:30

I have developed dandruffy eyebrows too. I use night cream on them, it seems to help.

Maggiemaybe Sat 23-Jan-21 12:49:29

Perhaps it’s because I always use an oil or serum first then, but I’ve never turned orange!

I did once buy a Superdrug charcoal moisturiser that I had to return. A few days of that and I looked as though I’d worked with my dad at the coal face.

Casdon Sat 23-Jan-21 09:21:52

I think it looks orange if you have drier skin and use it as your only moisturiser, as you put too much on so it absorbs more into your skin. I use another moisturiser first, so it sits more on top then it doesn’t look orange, it looks nice and subtle as Fanny says.

FannyCornforth Sat 23-Jan-21 09:18:13

It's not orange - it does look a tad alarming in the pot, but it really does look nice and subtle on. I'm extremely pasty fair, but it's not too noticeable on me.

NotAGran55 Sat 23-Jan-21 09:10:47

Thank you FC . The tinted one gets some dodgy reviews about it being orange ? . Think I will try the non-tinted one the next time we are allowed out!

Newquay Sat 23-Jan-21 08:59:18

Ha Jacky-il have dandruff of the eyebrows too!!

FannyCornforth Sat 23-Jan-21 08:58:19

NotaGran the whole Rosy Glow range is sort of tinted, but not in a foundation sense. More subtle than that.
Yes, I think that it's the same one.

Lilypops Sat 23-Jan-21 08:43:06

I recently started using a Vitamin C serum on my face, as it was recommended in a lot of beauty magazines, I have noticed a brighter look to my skin , I also use the ,,,,Deep breath. , L,oreal rosy glow cream after the Vit C cream ,
As a moisturiser I use Boots Hyaluronic acid morning and night.it all seems to be working , my skin looks good , but of a faff I know but not much else to do during lockdown days ,

NotAGran55 Sat 23-Jan-21 08:26:01

FannyCornforth I can only find the tinted version on Amazon at that price . Is this the one that you are referring to please ?

FannyCornforth Sat 23-Jan-21 06:43:37

The Rosy Glow range is currently half price on Amazon (around £7.50).
I've just bought the day cream and the night cream on my own recommendation!

growstuff Sat 23-Jan-21 03:03:03

I'd endorse the L'Oreal products for mature skin. They're often on special offer at Tesco, so not too expensive. I've always had quite greasy skin, which means I'm reaping the benefit as I get older, but many skin creams in the past have left a cloying residue, which L'Oreal products don't. I use Rosy Glow for my online teaching. It gives my face a slightly brighter and more glowing appearance without even having to use other foundation etc.

Blossoming Sat 23-Jan-21 02:24:42

Thanks for the tip Maggie, I’ve ordered 1 of each and only paid for 1 item ?

Maggiemaybe Fri 22-Jan-21 17:01:19

I've ordered two of the - deep breath - L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Golden Age Night Cream as well, also buy-one-get-one-free at Superdrug at the moment.

I've only ever used the day cream before, but the reviews seem positive, and the price is right. grin

Graso Fri 22-Jan-21 16:35:59

FannyCornforth

Graso the full title is -deep breath-
L'Oréal Age Perfect Golden Age Rosy Glow Day Cream !!

Well that narrows it down nicely!

Thank you

FannyCornforth Fri 22-Jan-21 14:59:33

Graso the full title is -deep breath-
L'Oréal Age Perfect Golden Age Rosy Glow Day Cream !!

Graso Fri 22-Jan-21 13:37:31

Re: Rosy Glow - which products exactly do you all use?

I’ve just looked at the l’Oreal website only to be confronted by a confusing array of ‘golden age’ and ‘cell renew’ products so I don’t know where to begin!

Many thanks in advance for any advice/further information.