Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Lockdown skincare

(35 Posts)
Maggiemaybe Fri 22-Jan-21 12:29:00

I’ve just spotted that it’s buy one, get one free on Superdrug’s website. I’m stocking up! smile

Blossoming Fri 22-Jan-21 11:13:42

Thank you for all the suggestions, Rosy Glow sounds promising ?

Jaxjacky Fri 22-Jan-21 10:19:58

I seem to have developed some sort of ‘dandruff’ in my eyebrows and eyelid, I think it may be something other than dandruff. I only ever use nivea on my face, it’s quite annoying!

Maggiemaybe Fri 22-Jan-21 09:57:15

I’d second the L’Oreal Rosy Glow. I’ve been using different moisturisers for a few months and hadn’t realised how dull my complexion had got without it until I came across a part-used tub. After just a couple of days I can see a real difference.

I’d agree as well with using an oil to counteract the effects of so much central heating. My favourites are Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse and Beauty Pie’s Plantastic, but even the Poundshop one makes a difference.

BigBertha1 Fri 22-Jan-21 08:40:49

All the above plus you could put a few drops of instant tan into your moisturiser I have a Clarins one for that purpose but its is just fake tan. Otherwise after the skincare regime a little bronzer perhaps. I know what you mean I have prison pallor too but at least I'm not getting windburn on the golf course - every cloud. smile

NotAGran55 Fri 22-Jan-21 08:32:01

A light dusting of Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light .
I was very sceptical about the rave reviews until I tried it.

The travel size was included in a beauty Advent calendar this year and unwanted ones were offloaded on eBay . I got it at a bargain price .

FannyCornforth Fri 22-Jan-21 03:33:03

A while ago I bought and used some L'Oréal Rosy Glow (as advertised by Jane Fonda, it was originally advertised by Helen Mirren).
It says that it's for 'very mature skin'.
Anyway, I got on with it really well, it's very rich and it really does give you a nice bit of radiance.

Mollygo Thu 21-Jan-21 22:51:29

Just what Esspee says plus regular moisturiser or serum or argon oil or whatever you use to help your skin not to dry out in the bitter cold and the central heating dryness.

Esspee Thu 21-Jan-21 22:48:22

Exfoliation to bring up fresh new skin, drink lots of water, eat healthily, and get exercise in the fresh air.

Blossoming Thu 21-Jan-21 22:38:06

My complexion is looking less than radiant thanks to winter and lockdown. Any recommendations for a skincare regime to regain some glow?