Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Frizzy Hair

(9 Posts)
Dee1012 Tue 25-Feb-20 16:55:57

My hair has always been very thick and wavy but easily turns frizzy....I've tried an array of things, including Frizz Ease which doesn't seem to work at all on my hair.
Does anyone have any recommendations/tips please.
I used to wear it long but now it's collar bone length.

Missfoodlove Tue 25-Feb-20 17:10:38

Both my daughter and GD have this problem.
Paranen and Sulfate free shampoos help massively.
The best curl taming. products they find are Dippity Do Girls with Curls.

CanadianGran Tue 25-Feb-20 17:12:59

Running through with either a straightening iron or a curling iron. It will smooth it.

I have not often been bothered, but i also have thick waves that can be frizzy. I can tame them with a larger barreled curling iron, then a bit of shine spray to finish.

J52 Tue 25-Feb-20 17:25:18

Wash with Waitrose Pure Shampoo and Waitrose Pure Conditioner with Argan oil. Don’t rub it dry, but wind a towel around your head to absorb the initial wet.
Apply a small amount of Argan Oil ( a variety on the hair preparation shelf) through your hair with your fingers.
Then dry as usual. This works with my curly hair prone to frizz.

MacCavity2 Tue 25-Feb-20 17:32:01

Thanks J52 I’m going to try that.

J52 Tue 25-Feb-20 18:17:32

Glad to help. Hope it works for you. The Argan oil also seems to stop the frizz in damp atmospheres.
You might need a couple of tries to get the amount right for your hair.

kissngate Tue 25-Feb-20 18:43:15

I used to have frizzy curly hair until a few years ago when I discovered the British Curlies website. Spent most of a Sunday finding out my type of curl, how to wash and condition and which products to avoid. It took 6 to 12 months after trial and error with products to have wonderful friz free thick soft curly hair. I'm always being asked is it natural and what do you use and I tell everyone with natural curly/wavy hair to read the forum, discover what type of curly you are and take it from there.

Dee1012 Tue 25-Feb-20 19:12:48

Thanks for the tips...I'm going to try everything recommended!
My hair is more waves than curls but hopefully I'll find something that works.
It's not too bad when I'm off work but I'm fed up having to 'faff' about every morning, otherwise I look like I've been taseredgrin

NotTooOld Tue 25-Feb-20 21:16:16

I recently discovered that my thick wavy hair responds well to TWO squirts of Argan oil, whereas one squirt made hardly any difference at all. So you do need to experiment. I've also rediscovered hair spray (yes, I know) and that helps tremendously. In fact, if I knew how to change my GN name I would rechristen myself SmoothHead. grin