Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Eye wrinkles

(6 Posts)
POOBERLEY Fri 03-Jul-20 08:18:43

Good morning. I'm new to this site. It looks like a friendly informative place to browse and share tips. I'm in my fifties and have good skin although I have lots of wrinkles all round my eyes . I've tried various make up tips which really highlight the wrinkles which is so disappointing. My eyes are small and brown. I've tried the smoky look and brown eyeliner is a definite no no. This sounds very dated but a soft blue is my go to which people have commented that it looks nice but it doesn't stay put and I need to try something different. Any suggestions? I've looked on you tube and suggestions are brown but this just looks awful. Thank you

MawB Fri 03-Jul-20 08:38:21

Surely the same brand in a different colour will have the same staying qualities?

Illte Fri 03-Jul-20 08:43:55

If the world ever gets back to normal I'm going to have mine doctored.

grin

POOBERLEY Fri 03-Jul-20 16:22:44

That's the thing, other colours just make me look older. I think I need a make up artist to show me some techniques. I'll be having mine doctored toogrin

lemongrove Fri 03-Jul-20 17:13:59

They say that brown eyes look best with pale blue/ grey eyeshadow and blue eyes with taupe/ brown, so you are doing the right thing.
Make sure that you use a lightweight foundation and no powder products near your crowsfeet ( we all have ‘em)?
I don’t mind them, it makes a face look lived in and shows that you laugh a lot.

Hetty58 Fri 03-Jul-20 17:18:01

I'd give the eye shadow and liner a miss as they just tend to settle in wrinkles - or emphasise them!