Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Pleased with Seasalt!

(34 Posts)
Witzend Mon 03-Aug-20 12:06:13

Not just with the top I recently ordered (having told myself I wasn’t going to buy any more summer things this year) but with the fact that the parcel came wrapped in brown paper, instead of the usual plastic.
Let’s hope more shops follow suit.

MawB Mon 03-Aug-20 12:20:29

I agree.
Woolovers also use brown paper bags and I think that is brilliant.
I was even happier with Seasalt included two free Pukka herbal teabags with my order!
Result ???

sodapop Mon 03-Aug-20 12:33:08

I found Seasalt efficient and helpful too. Absolutely no quibbles about delivering to France. Their clothing is good quality as well.

MellowYellow Mon 03-Aug-20 12:37:02

Their clothing lasts for ages too....

grandMattie Mon 03-Aug-20 12:42:07

I like companies that don’t use too much packaging and use paper. You see DS2 recycles the stuff, so the more paper and card used, the more work he has! ?

Jane10 Mon 03-Aug-20 12:59:06

I was very happy with a Seasalt tunic I bought last year until DH complained that I looked frumpy in it sad

annep1 Mon 03-Aug-20 13:22:00

Whitestuff use recyclable wrappings too.

I like both companies clothing.

SueDonim Mon 03-Aug-20 13:24:19

My daughter gave me one of Seasalt’s pretty canvas bags last week. I didn’t have my glasses on at the time and I think the virus has got to me because I read some lettering on it as Corona Tests. shock When I put my specs on, I could see it actually read Coastal Path. grin

kittylester Mon 03-Aug-20 13:29:14

They are brilliant for returns too.

I wish they would gave more pink/purple clothes though.

Ellianne Mon 03-Aug-20 14:05:11

"I was very happy with a Seasalt tunic I bought last year until DH complained that I looked frumpy in it."
What is it with husbands and Seasalt, Jane10? My husband said my dress looked like something my mother would have worn!

Kate54 Mon 03-Aug-20 14:13:42

I love Seasalt and haven’t taken any notice of what men think of my clothes since many years ago when I was
told that, when it comes to women’s shoes preferences (if asked) most men would pick black patent leather, high heeled strappy numbers. I rest my case!

NfkDumpling Mon 03-Aug-20 14:17:52

I love Seasalt too. I've got several of their tubular scarf things (well twelve actually) which have really come into their own now doubling as the obligatory face coverings.

craftyone Mon 03-Aug-20 14:18:13

seasalt garment quality has gone down the pan. Their garments used to be good. Rubbish quality now and yes I have a seasalt shop in driving distance

MellowYellow Mon 03-Aug-20 14:19:19

Ha ha, if I still had a husband (divorced not deceased FYI) he would have hated Seasalt dresses! I love them because they're so feminine, in my eyes anyway!

MawB Mon 03-Aug-20 15:12:12

craftyone

seasalt garment quality has gone down the pan. Their garments used to be good. Rubbish quality now and yes I have a seasalt shop in driving distance

Totally disagree Craftyone
Two new dropped shoulder t shirts, thick softest cotton, excellent finish and at 2 for £20 a steal!
Similarly with some of last seasons knitwear - the Soda Ash jumper is a particular favourite of mine.
I also have a cotton top - a cross between a sailors and an artists smock I think which has attracted no end of compliments

BBbevan Mon 03-Aug-20 15:29:52

I do like Seasalt and have several tunics. I have however a beautiful jumper that pills dreadfully. I have given up on it now.

Jane10 Mon 03-Aug-20 15:35:46

DH never usually comments at all on what I'm wearing which is why I was so disappointed that he didn't like my new top.
My friend says that Seasalt clothes are what social workers and teachers wear. Hmmmm.

MawB Mon 03-Aug-20 16:03:54

MawB

craftyone

Totally disagree Craftyone
Two new dropped shoulder t shirts, thick softest cotton, excellent finish and at 2 for £20 a steal!
Similarly with some of last seasons knitwear - the Soda Ash jumper is a particular favourite of mine.
I also have a cotton top - a cross between a sailors and an artists smock I think which has attracted no end of compliments

Sorry - that would have been a steal - 2 for £40. Oops!

midgey Mon 03-Aug-20 18:56:22

MawB was just getting excited there!

kircubbin2000 Mon 03-Aug-20 19:12:42

The nice big jumper did pill very badly but I still like it.

Greeneyedgirl Mon 03-Aug-20 19:35:17

I agree about pilling on wool. I have a cardigan from them that pills, however I have bought very expensive woollen jumpers which also pill.

I can’t remember jumpers doing this when I was young.
SeaSalt have got bigger now and much of their manufacturing is done abroad but I think they still strive to be eco and ethical which is more than some clothing companies.

grandma60 Mon 03-Aug-20 22:02:29

I can recommend their face masks. Lovely soft cotton, a good fit and adjustable ear loops. Just wish they were in more of a mix of colours. I bought a pack of 3 all in green shades.

BBbevan Tue 04-Aug-20 06:06:04

We have their face masks too. Well made and they wash well at 40 degrees

cornergran Tue 04-Aug-20 07:02:10

Im another who enjoys wearing Seasalt clothes, bought my first item so many years ago when in St Ives for a somewhat fraught holiday, much easier now there’s a shop fairly close. Mail order has always been easy. No quality quibbles yet.

Puzzler61 Tue 04-Aug-20 07:11:23

I am a Seasalt fan and always visit the shop in St Ives when on holiday (remember those?!).
I do kind of agree that as it’s grown some of the quality in some garments has been lost.
Have you tried Mistral online?
I found it when I went in the Dartmouth shop 3 years ago. Since then I’ve shopped with them online.
Very similar , and I’ve had some nice quality items.