Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Tinted moisturiser

(51 Posts)
Shirleyw Fri 14-Aug-20 05:47:57

I tend to wear that sometimes more than a foundation....I took a selfie with my little GD's. (Without make up) ....it was a close up......I gave myself a good look and thought 'God S , your looking pale and worn out ' ?...so I put my tinted moisturiser on and what a difference it made ...I had a 'healthy ' look again lol....I think I need to wear a tinted moisturiser every day not just when I feel like it.

Shirleyw Fri 14-Aug-20 05:49:39

.......I meant to of wrote..........so I took more selfies with the TM and what a difference lol

boat Fri 14-Aug-20 05:56:02

I only use tinted moisturiser. Unfortunately Clarins, who made a hypoallergenic version, discontinued it.

I tried a couple of other brands but had allergic reactions. does anyone know a brand designed not to create this problem?

Meanwhile I go barefaced and avoid looking in mirrors.

annsixty Fri 14-Aug-20 13:33:01

I put a small amount of my moisturiser in my palm then a couple of drops of liquid foundation, mix it all together and apply.
It gives a light covering and I feel better with it on.

Lexisgranny Fri 14-Aug-20 13:43:12

I resolved that problem by buying Clarins Addition Concentre Eclat. You add a couple of drops to your usual moisturiser and you develop a “lightly sun kissed“ skin. Sorry but I couldn’t think of any other way to describe this! As it develops slowly you do not get that horrible orangey look, and it has the advantage that if you decide to change your moisturiser, you can continue to use it.

Nannarose Fri 14-Aug-20 14:38:11

Odylique do a lovely facial oil, that gives a bit of a glow. I love it. You can also mix it with their concealer to make a tinted moisturiser.

Daisymae Fri 14-Aug-20 16:09:23

I use one by Origins, it's in a bright orange container and is excellent. I apply with a brush and it's surprising what a difference it makes. Has SPF 40 so should give good protection.

boat Fri 14-Aug-20 20:44:05

I only came back on this thread to apologise to the OP because I thought I had killed their thread stone dead (not an unusual effect for me) but there are several really good ideas so thanks all.

I've been really glad that I have had to wear a mask recently.

kittylester Fri 14-Aug-20 21:05:10

Is tinted moisturiser the same as bb cream?

CanadianGran Sat 15-Aug-20 05:03:56

I use a tinted moisturizer every day. I am quite freckly, and the one I use has SPF and evens out skin tone a bit. A Canadian brand called Marcelle.

I have tried a few others but keep coming back to this one.

Kittylester - TM and BB are very similar. I believe that BB creams have more skin-boosting vitamins, and can have heavier coverage; more like foundation with benefits. Tinted moisturizer usually have a lighter coverage.

CanadianGran Sat 15-Aug-20 05:06:24

Freckly or Freckely? anyway I have freckles...call me dotty!

Humbertbear Sat 15-Aug-20 09:00:13

I wear No 7 tinted moisturiser every day. Wouldn’t go out without it!

annep1 Sat 15-Aug-20 09:11:19

I wear Boots No 7 hypoallergenic tinted moisturiser almost every day.
I have psoriasis and I have tried Clarins among others. No 7 is the only range that agrees with me. They have a complete range of make up and skin care.

HunnyBunny Sun 16-Aug-20 09:19:53

I use Nivea Daily Essentials moisturiser mixed with the tinted version. I mix it together in an old moisturiser tub. That way, I can mix exactly how dark I want it to look.
I love Nivea. Cheap as chips (around £3) and looks lovely on the skin.
The plain moisturiser is available in a matte version,too.

Missfoodlove Sun 16-Aug-20 09:28:49

I just adore Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue.
It’s worth every penny.
It gives me and my freckles a natural air brushed look.

Mollygo Sun 16-Aug-20 09:37:19

Clinique when I’m feeling rich-it works best for me. Boots No 7 when it’s a bad month. It works but doesn’t feel as good.

Caro57 Sun 16-Aug-20 09:41:32

Nivea, The Ordinary, LFF

Shawlands2000 Sun 16-Aug-20 09:43:50

I would second the recommendation for Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. Very light and gives you a healthy glow. You can layer it up if you feel you need more coverage. It is a bit expensive but I've always managed to find a bargain online.

henetha Sun 16-Aug-20 09:49:10

I like the Nivea one too, Caro57. The one called simply Day Cream, light skin tone, with vitamin E and SPF15.

Annanan Sun 16-Aug-20 09:49:50

Number seven by boots do a really good factor 15 tinted moisturiser. It isn’t even expensive. Tangentially, I am really glad that we are wearing masks in shops as it has saved me the problem of having to be conscientious about plucking my chin hairs!

Bellocchild Sun 16-Aug-20 10:00:35

Nivea Tinted Day Cream. It's light in texture, has an SPF of 15, and just enough colour and coverage for summer use. And it's amazingly cheap at £3.99. Boots or Superdrug.

Juicylucy Sun 16-Aug-20 10:08:24

Defiantly Trinnys BFF. I was amazed you will be to. Have a read up and research it.

Cambia Sun 16-Aug-20 10:08:48

Boots No7 have one containing sun factor. They are giving stuff away at the moment with £10 vouchers off and 3 for 1. I have now stocked up for the year and thrown the last voucher in the bin!

seacliff Sun 16-Aug-20 10:09:03

When I look a bit washed out I use a tiny bit of Clarins self tan. Sometimes I mix a tiny bit with moisturiser and apply to whole face. Usually I just apply a tiny bit to my cheeks, chin and forehead. I may do a 2nd application on cheeks so no blusher needed. It looks natural, and lasts a couple of weeks. I have had the same tube for years.

Yangste1007 Sun 16-Aug-20 10:10:43

Origins Ginzeng with SPF 40. Adjusts to the tone of your skin. It gives a healthy and dewy glow.