Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Lipstick colour discontinued

(26 Posts)
onaclearday Wed 21-Oct-20 15:07:26

I used Revlon lipstick romantic romantique for a number of years but is no longer available. It was a lovely brownish pink and as I am no longer going into department stores I am struggling with a replacement. If anyone could suggest a similar product that I could buy on-line I would be most grateful. TIA

Auntieflo Wed 21-Oct-20 15:31:14

Same with me onaclearday. Ages ago I used a Barbara Daly one from Tesco, called Mocha. Sounds as though it was a similar colour to yours.
That was discontinued and I struggle to find one I like as much, so afraid I can't help with your search.

NanKate Wed 21-Oct-20 15:38:44

If you two girls are prepared to shell out some cash Chanel do a lipstick brand Rouge Coco with one of the lipsticks having a pink brown colour called Adrienne. It costs £31 !

I am sure if you looked online at different makeups you could easily find a colour to your liking.

Best of luck.

NanKate Wed 21-Oct-20 15:43:42

Rimmel do a Nude Collection which is worth looking at. If you have the Boots App I think they are offering 2 Rimmel products for £12 at present.

As you can tell I like makeup. ?

felice Wed 21-Oct-20 15:46:38

I used to love one called Heather Shimmer, once the most popular Lipstick in the UK, Rimmel I think.
I now have two I like , quite similar, one is Chanel Rouge Coco Flash 82, the other Christian Dior 438, both lasting, not cheap but really nice to wear. Browney pink.

emmasnan Wed 21-Oct-20 16:11:54

I loved Heather Shimmer as well, one of the few shades that suited my skin colouring.

Marydoll Wed 21-Oct-20 16:16:20

Feel Unique have a Revlon lipstain called Romantic.

Is this near what you are looking for?

Ellianne Wed 21-Oct-20 16:18:36

John Lewis online have most of the well known names and various colours.

Lucca Wed 21-Oct-20 16:21:24

Not knowing what it was like i can only say that I buy maybelline colour sensational. They have nice colours and very moisturising.

petra Wed 21-Oct-20 16:36:49

Have a look on eBay. Sellers buy up discontinued lines.

Aldom Wed 21-Oct-20 16:42:13

I use Stay Matte, liquid lip colour, by Rimmel. The colour, 720 Moca is a lovely brownish pink. It stays on for hours.

Puzzler61 Wed 21-Oct-20 16:44:18

I have a colour I’d describe as pinky brown.
It’s Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick Shade : ASIA
Shade number: 077 £5.99

Luckylegs Wed 21-Oct-20 17:17:42

I have a massive collection of lipsticks, various makes and ages. Most of them seem to be pinky brown but none of them are ‘just right’. Even now I’m thinking of having a look fit the ones named above!

HootyMcOwlface Wed 21-Oct-20 17:23:30

Have you tried Avon to see if they have something?

Nannarose Wed 21-Oct-20 17:28:52

It might be worth contacting Revlon as they will probably have got a 'replacement' and will send a sample to a 'loyal customer'.
Otherwise, I would pick a good brand that you like for other make-up and contact them. Say that you would like to try a lipstick that approximates to that colour (see if you can find an old picture) and do they have samples?
I have done this with eye make-up as I am allergic to a lot of makes. They will sometimes send you a full size and say you can have a voucher if it doesn't suit.
Most of the high-end brands will do this.

onaclearday Wed 21-Oct-20 20:40:02

Thank you all so much for your help. I will look at Feel Unique. That is exactly the one that is no longer on the Revlon Site. Barbara Daly Mocha was my original favourite. Rimmel Asia looks very similar. I will research all of these. Because of age etc. I don't want to risk going to shops so I can happily browse the web

MayBee70 Wed 21-Oct-20 20:47:15

Isn't it annoying when that happens. I have a tiny bit of my favourite lipstick left. It's one I bought for my daughters wedding and now it's discontinued I've never found a good replacement for it. It's probably a breeding ground for all sorts of bacteria, being so old so I probably aught to just use it to help me find a replacement.

lemongrove Wed 21-Oct-20 20:53:49

That’s a lovely colour Puzzler61 ( I wants it!)

Kittye Wed 21-Oct-20 23:07:55

I found a Clarins discontinued lipstick I was looking for on Amazon. You could try there Good luck.

MissAdventure Wed 21-Oct-20 23:32:29

Heather shimmer.
My daughter, mum, and me all had that lipstick at one point.

Redhead56 Wed 21-Oct-20 23:36:45

Try Amazon they often have discontinued makeup.

Coolgran65 Thu 22-Oct-20 00:26:06

I was another Heather Shimmer fan. I think also there was an Amethyst in the range. I have found them on eBay/Amazon and am about to look again for another order. Last time I paid about £4/5.

Hithere Thu 22-Oct-20 00:32:49

Is it this one?
www.amazon.com/Revlon-7210562045-Balm-Stain-Romantic/dp/B0082D9SQY?tag=gransnetforum-21

Annie26 Thu 22-Oct-20 17:21:27

Heather Shimmer is available on the Superdrug website along with ASIA

MawB2 Thu 22-Oct-20 17:40:27

I’d rather not admit to how many lipsticks I have bought looking for that elusive “pinky brown”
There used to be a Boots Heather something that was quite close but the search goes on.