Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Sistaco nails -has anyone else tried them?

(4 Posts)
Trisha57 Sun 24-Jan-21 18:27:30

I hope this is OK to post and won't be seen as advertising. I've tried for years to grow my nails so that I can do a home manicure. I don't like going to salons as the only time I went to one, when my daughter got married, they did acrylic tips with gel polish and ruined what natural nails I did have! Since lockdown and because I haven't been gardening during the winter months, my nails have finally reached a decent length.

So, I looked online to see what was available, and I stumbled across a system that was designed in Australia called Sistaco. It uses and LED light and top and base coats like a normal gel system, but the colour is applied as a powder over the base coat - literally just brushed on. Today I have managed to do a decent set of French Tips, the first time I have ever had glamorous looking nails without all the faff! Has anyone else here used this system, and can you give me any tips (no pun intended) that make it even easier or more glamorous? What did you think of the Sistaco system compared to other gel nail sets?

Espana Sun 24-Jan-21 19:32:53

Have never heard of this system for nails but look forward to finding out moe. Before the “dreaded lurgy” I had my gel nails done regularly. Now not only are they bitten to the quick ,I’ve started on the dry skin round them. Hands are dried out and look 10 years older. Don’t think I’ll ever have nice nails again.

Did you buy this system for use at home?

petra Sun 24-Jan-21 19:48:04

I've looked at the YouTube video and like the look of it.
I've got a drying lamp from doing my own gel nails.

Trisha57 Mon 25-Jan-21 09:58:00

Espana Yes I do my nails at home. I am a newbie to the world of nails, but it is so easy to do. Not cheap for the initial cost but you get 20 to 30 manicures from each powder pot, and the base and top coat similar. Only problem is that it comes from Australia so takes a couple of weeks to arrive.