Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Magic Bun Maker - identifying which way they bend. Any ideas?

(6 Posts)
Genevieve489 Thu 28-Jan-21 12:04:59

I recently bought a Magic Bun Maker. You put your hair between two flat pieces, roll up your hair, then bend them to form a bun shape. It works really well and I'm pleased with it. However, the flat pieces only bend one way and putting my hair up is rather frustrating when they refuse to bend at the top. Has anyone else used these and can suggest an easy way of recognising which way they bend before I roll my hair up? Thought of marking them, then counting the rolls - any other ideas?

Blinko Thu 28-Jan-21 12:06:16

Oh, here I was thinking buns to eat...

Auntieflo Thu 28-Jan-21 13:28:31

Blinko, me too. It is lunchtime ?

Fennel Thu 28-Jan-21 16:36:59

My Mum used to use one shaped like a doughnut. She never had any problems shaping her hair with that.
Hair buns seem to be popular now that the hairdressers are closed. Barbers too.
I used to have a 'french pleat' -- the way things are going I'll be having the same style.
duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=french+pleat+hairstyles&ia=web

Jane10 Thu 28-Jan-21 17:29:51

Is that how Linda in Eastenders does her bun? I've often wondered how she got such a perfect and even one.

trisher Fri 29-Jan-21 16:39:35

I've got one of those and tried using it (I've cut my hair now) and I never figured it out. Even if I worked out which way it bent I couldn't work out if it would be the right way round when I got to the end. I gave up.
For those wondering what it's all about www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9t-6lOpO4c