Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

What hair clips and accessories do you have?

(13 Posts)
Retyred Thu 25-Nov-21 23:12:59

I have:
Banana clips
Leather patch/stick barettes
Large claws/jaws

monissa33 Tue 30-Nov-21 13:12:11

Hi. I really like hoops, hairpins. I especially love wearing glasses on my head.

Namsnanny Tue 30-Nov-21 13:15:59

Clips only. Me too with the glasses monissa33grin

LindaPat Tue 30-Nov-21 13:27:43

A box full of scrunchies ( I have long hair, usually in a pony tail or plait ).
Various slides/barettes.
A couple of headbands, as I don't like my hair blowing in my face.

Take care xx

tanith Tue 30-Nov-21 14:02:40

Big and small claws, and 2 headbands.

MiniMoon Tue 30-Nov-21 14:30:48

None at all. Never have had hair adornments. My hair has been cut in a very short pixie style for many years. I don't think I'll change it now.

BlueBelle Tue 30-Nov-21 14:49:07

None, my hair is short short like you minimoon pixiestyle

BigBertha1 Tue 30-Nov-21 15:09:06

None my hair is too bouncy it throws everything off including my bobble hat. I would love to pin something glittery in for evening though

Coastpath Tue 30-Nov-21 16:46:30

I have lots of those handybands by Seasalt. They keep my hair off my face when I'm busy, are great for taking off and putting on make up and also double as a face mask if I've forgotten mine.

Also love sparkly clips and hairbands of any type.

Redhead56 Tue 30-Nov-21 18:55:48

A small pearl bead hair band and recently purchased silver clips.

bridie54 Tue 30-Nov-21 19:13:34

I’ve got lots of hair things as my hair is very thick and , until lockdown , was just past shoulder length. ( I took the plunge then and had it cut short to grow out the hair dye while we could hide)
Now it’s dark grey and getting longer again so I wear lots of different accessories depending on my mood. I’ve got combs but having thick hair they often bounce out. Ditto sone barrettes and clips. I like a wide stretchy fabric band a friend gave me as it keeps my hair off my face when I’m busy. As it grows longer again I’ll probably go back to using ponytail bands.
I’m just unable to walk past the aisle of hair accessories in shops. Anything to help tame my mop is worth a look.

NotTooOld Tue 30-Nov-21 20:59:42

I have a boxful, some left behind when DD flew the nest. Claws of all sizes, pony tail bands of all types, hairslides of all sizes, some sparkly clips that are really pretty but which I have never worn, bags of ordinary hair pins, dark and blonde, a sort of hinged plastic finger for twisting hair up, a few scrunchies left over from when DD was at primary school and a pink stretchy band. I could open a Claire's Accessories all on my own. (Other hair tat shops are available.)

Ali08 Sat 11-Dec-21 11:03:10

Any I get given end up with my daughter or granddaughters, as I keep my hair very short these days.