Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Trainers with laces and zip

(18 Posts)
Sarah74 Tue 20-Sep-22 12:52:42

Does anyone have trainers like these - with laces and a side zip? I like the look of them online. I wondered if you can leave them laced up and just undo the zip to put them on and off, or if the zip is just decorative?

Oldbat1 Tue 20-Sep-22 13:02:57

Yes I have a pink pair and a blue pair. Love them. I only use the zip. Kept watching to see if they were in sale as they are expensive for what they are. Bought from H•••*r.

Sarah74 Tue 20-Sep-22 13:18:39

Thanks, Oldbat1 - these ones are Pavers and are £39.99 in the sale. I think I’ll go for it!

MiniMoon Tue 20-Sep-22 13:21:14

I have a pair of ankle boots with laces and zips. I never undo the laces, and only unzip one side to put them on. I love them.

Kim19 Tue 20-Sep-22 13:23:07

I do the laces first to my comfort zone and then I zip up to a strange 'perfection'. I find they work slack if I only use the zip. Love the style.

MawtheMerrier Tue 20-Sep-22 13:32:14

First time on, loosen the laces completely, put them on and do up the zip. Then adjust the laces to comfortable and use the zip for taking off/putting on thereafter. If the laces work loose or you feel you need to tighten them subsequently its easy enough. I love this style!

ginny Tue 20-Sep-22 13:32:39

Yes, mine are Hotter. I laced them up once and now just undo the zip.

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 20-Sep-22 13:37:37

I bought a pair from H****r which I love, but I have high arches and if I undo the zips I can’t do them up again when on. So I use the laces and the zips are just for show, which wasn’t quite what I intended!

Concordia Tue 20-Sep-22 13:43:41

I have some Moshulu boots like this and I love them. As Maw says above, adjust the laces to your desired degree of tightness and then leave them alone and use the zips for on/off. If you're unlucky enough to suffer from swollen feet at some time then you can adjust the laces to make them comfortable.

Sarah74 Tue 20-Sep-22 13:43:47

MawtheMerrier

First time on, loosen the laces completely, put them on and do up the zip. Then adjust the laces to comfortable and use the zip for taking off/putting on thereafter. If the laces work loose or you feel you need to tighten them subsequently its easy enough. I love this style!

That’s useful - thanks.

DaffyDill Tue 20-Sep-22 15:54:59

I have 2 pair of this style .only ever use the zip .really easy to get on and off

Marthjolly1 Tue 20-Sep-22 17:37:10

Yes I have 1 pair of trainer-like shoes that I've had for about 4 years. I bought them in Malaga, real leather and now as comfy as Slippers. I also have 1 pair of black ankle boots which are great in cooler weather. I just use the zips, the laces have been adjusted to suit my wide feet.

M0nica Wed 21-Sep-22 16:08:25

All my trainers have velcro fasteneings, not the nice and easy for the elderly kind. I buy my trainers from the teenage department of a French shoe chain.

Barmeyoldbat Wed 21-Sep-22 16:53:08

I had ankle boots that had. Lace so and TWO zips , it was great I never had to bother with fuss of lacing them up

Athrawes Wed 21-Sep-22 17:50:45

Yes, I have trainers with laces and a zip. The zip on one pair is just fancy and makes no difference but on the other trainers the zip allows me to get them on and off without undoing the laces. All are very comfy and reasonably stylish

Allsorts Fri 30-Sep-22 07:18:28

Love the look of them, but I wouldn't know whether to order up a size or not as they would have to take orthotics, I don't know whether they would. Just posted on health for suggestions of shoes that take orthotics, perhaps it would have been better on here.

Sarah74 Fri 30-Sep-22 07:44:19

I bought those trainers and have been very pleased with them, comfort wise. They’re already quite scuffed though - not sure how to clean them?
(Mine are just the right size, Allsorts, wouldn’t accommodate an orthotic)

Casdon Fri 30-Sep-22 08:02:00

Allsorts

Love the look of them, but I wouldn't know whether to order up a size or not as they would have to take orthotics, I don't know whether they would. Just posted on health for suggestions of shoes that take orthotics, perhaps it would have been better on here.

You could try VanDal, they are good quality, aren’t cheap but have regular sales. They have trainers in this style, and have removable insoles which should allow your orthotics to be inserted. I’ve got a bunion on one foot only, and find their shoes accommodate my problem best.