Gransnet forums

Technology

Flipping 'eck!

(16 Posts)
Notsogrand Sat 09-Jul-11 22:44:20

Is anyone else experiencing upsidedown-ness with the forum? Since this morning, every thread I've clicked on has started with the most recent post and worked backwards. I know we can utilise the Flip button, but it's a bit irritating.

Notsogrand Sat 09-Jul-11 22:47:03

Oh. Seems to be working the right way up now. Weird. confused

jangly Sat 09-Jul-11 23:13:09

Yes! I've noticed it too. Its like the threads are already flipped.

glassortwo Sun 10-Jul-11 00:14:42

Have you two been drinking? grin grin grin

harrigran Sun 10-Jul-11 01:24:26

I am too Notsogrand, I thought I was going mad. I don't drink so couldn't blame that confused

Baggy Sun 10-Jul-11 05:58:26

If you go to the 'customise' button at the top of a thread you can choose which way you want the threads flipped. I prefer them upside-down. smile

Notsogrand Sun 10-Jul-11 10:21:42

Thanks Baggy, I was aware of the Flip button but hadn't tried Customise. On there you can extend the number of messages on each page, so you have less pages per thread. Better. smile

Elegran Sun 10-Jul-11 12:14:03

I found I had to flip each thread to see it the usual way round today too.
Usually have to flip to see the latest post, so will try the custom button. Thanks Baggy.

shysal Sun 10-Jul-11 14:51:28

I have needed to flip too. Also the longest thread (quiet corner) was all shown on one page took ages to scroll through to the end in order to post. Of course as soon as I mentioned it in a post it corrected itself back to 22 pages.

grannyactivist Sun 10-Jul-11 23:45:27

Thanks Baggy I was unaware of the customise/flip option. Much easier to read now that I've 'flipped' to newest first option. smile

Notsogrand Sun 10-Jul-11 23:57:46

Mine's still playing up. I've clicked the Newest First option in Customise, but still, the oldest posts are at the top of the thread.
Can the techies at HQ have a look please?
It's not the end of the world, but it is irritating. smile

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 11-Jul-11 10:17:53

Hi all,

I have just sent an email to Tech asking if I'm going mad! So I'm glad to hear it's not just me!

If you're logged in, you should be able to change your customise preferences to whichever you'd prefer. But that's only a temporary fix - we'll get Tech sort this ASAP.

jangly Mon 11-Jul-11 10:40:09

See Glassortwo - wasn't the booze!!! grin grin

Tech (GNHQ) Tue 12-Jul-11 11:48:14

Hi folks, there seems to be some problem where threads are coming out "flipped" if you are not logged in (as you've seen.) We are looking into what's causing it <scratches head> - we'll fix asap.

Tech (GNHQ) Tue 12-Jul-11 12:30:57

Hi, this should be fixed now. Shout up if it happens again (it shouldn't honest.) Thanks.

glassortwo Tue 12-Jul-11 13:30:07

jangly grin