Gransnet forums

Technology

HOW DO I ?

(69 Posts)
Woody Tue 06-Sep-11 21:18:46

Get those smiley faces etc onto my message? Thanks.

glassortwo Wed 14-Mar-12 12:22:18

Or you can give it a swift kick grin

yogagran Wed 14-Mar-12 11:50:27

That's often the way to treat computers if they don't work properly Maggie - turn it off and start again grin

Carol Wed 14-Mar-12 10:39:20

That's good Maggie! smile

maggiemay42 Wed 14-Mar-12 10:21:45

tiss me again dont know what happened last night with download of manual after 2.5 hours still downloading switched it off. tried today like you said done in seconds thanks again grin

Carol Tue 13-Mar-12 22:23:17

maggie Just looked on the manual which doesn't directly refer to card, but this bit might cover it.

HP Brochure Paper or HP Superior Inkjet Paper
• These papers are glossy-coated or matte-coated on both sides for two-sided use. They are the perfect choice for nearphotographic
reproductions and business graphics for report covers, special presentations, brochures, mailers, and calendars.
HP Premium Presentation Paper or HP Professional Paper
• These papers are heavy two-sided matte papers perfect for presentation, proposals, reports, and newsletters. They are
heavyweight for an impressive look and feel.

Hope that covers it - you can probably print on the thick paper or card you want to, baically x

Carol Tue 13-Mar-12 22:13:09

The manual downloaded in seconds when I looked it up maggie

maggiemay42 Tue 13-Mar-12 21:14:10

thanks for info.followed link for the manual its still loading so far taken 1.5 hours i get my internet from bt normally quite fast sorry to be a pest only started using computer in january love reading all your Q&A what a clever lot you are

jeni Tue 13-Mar-12 19:54:01

Wow! You lot never cease to amaze me!

wotsamashedupjingl Tue 13-Mar-12 19:21:07

We are SO clever Carol!!!!!!!!

Amazing! grin

Carol Tue 13-Mar-12 19:14:12

Snap Jings

Carol Tue 13-Mar-12 19:13:15

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02853536.pdf
This has paper info maggie

wotsamashedupjingl Tue 13-Mar-12 19:12:07

Does this help manual

maggiemay42 Tue 13-Mar-12 19:08:09

can anybody help please i have hp.deskjet all in one printer 3050.j611 didnt come with user instructions only set up. id like to know max thickness of paper it takes like to have a go at making some cards also think you can print on both sides of paper .tried a couple of internet sites after waiting 20mins watching little circle going round and round gave up.perhaps i need more patience confused

glassortwo Fri 13-Jan-12 23:16:03

On facebook if you leave the tab open on the top when you are on Gransnet grin the tab marks up with 1.. 2..3 or however many replies you have, is it possible to have the same on GN wink

jeni Fri 13-Jan-12 22:15:44

Is there any way on my iPad that I can tell is a new post comes in without keep going back to last hour? Also, when are we getting our sunshine emoticon?

Ganja Tue 27-Dec-11 09:19:58

bagitha brilliant, that worked beautifully. Thank you very much.thanks Gransnet is the best Help button ever, someone always seem to have the answer!

bagitha Tue 27-Dec-11 09:10:20

Had a look on the app but deletion of books is not self-evident so I googled and got this. Hope it helps:

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_ipland_udelet?nodeId=200509050&#contentremove

bagitha Tue 27-Dec-11 09:06:39

Just going to have a look on mine, ganja. Back soon.

Ganja Tue 27-Dec-11 08:59:53

carol Thank you for replying so promptly, but I now realise I asked the wrong question. It's not actually a Kindle, but the Kindle app on my iPad, so your instructions did not work. Can anyone else help?

Carol Mon 26-Dec-11 21:00:18

Ganja go to Home Page and scroll onto title, then press right side of scrolling button to reveal page 2 of your list of titles, which will have some choices below Add to Collection, the bottom one of which says 'Remove from Device'

Ganja Mon 26-Dec-11 20:43:43

Could someone please tell me how to delete a book from my Kindle when I have read it? All these Xmas offers are just too tempting!

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 22-Dec-11 09:48:05

Hi Ganja,
Not sure what we can do to make these lyrics in particular more prominent, but why don't you start a new discussion about the song if you'd like to talk to people about it?

bikergran Thu 22-Dec-11 08:44:44

Ganja if you Google you song/verse etc eg: Cliff Richard (summer holiday) then you should find any verse/lyrics/songs etc..I think? (don't know why I choose that song ha ha .....we may all be humming it all day now! lol

bikergran Thu 22-Dec-11 08:40:26

Gally I too have had probs with photos and did mention it a few weeks ago..and I think Tech was going to look at it...I too only have the "delete" right at the bottom of the page...to get round it I just deleted each photo as it came to the bottom of the page , then put new photo/s up. (maybe Gransnet can only take sooo many photos of ME!!!! LOL lol lol )...lol..grin

Ganja Thu 22-Dec-11 08:28:04

JosieGransnet Can you put a link somewhere prominent so that lots of other people can find this? I have no idea how to do that, but I think people might like it.thanks