Gransnet forums

Technology

Skyping? Help!

(28 Posts)
Rinouchka Sat 25-Mar-17 18:25:08

Hello, retrolady and welcome to Skype. Well done for setting up your end. Now check that your DS has set up skype his end by sending him an email. If he has, then check under what name. Go to + for contacts and type in the answer he gives you. There may be several sharing the same name, if it is a common one. Indication of his location will come up so you can choose the one you recognise. And you are off!

Arrange a day and time when they will be available to skype and have your first session.
I suggest you also communicate via WhatsApp on your phone for short messages, updates, and sharing of photos.
Good luck!

Craicon Sat 25-Mar-17 18:22:21

Try their email address instead of name and see if finds them?

retrolady2 Sat 25-Mar-17 18:13:10

Hi Everyone, For ages my DS and DIL and DGS have been suggesting I get Skype, so I can see DGS 'live' more often than I'm able to see him for real. I've got as far as downloading it, set up a password and ... well, that's it. I'm now stuck. What do I do now? I've seen a bit where I should be able to 'add contacts'. I've tried their name, but unsuccessfully. Should they have a number or what?

I'm am somewhat technologically challenged, as you may have guessed ... so any help will need to be heavily differentiated, but will be much appreciated.

I haven't wanted to bother DS or DIL as they tend to lose patient with their 'old' mum.

Thanks for any thoughts.