Gransnet forums

Technology

SatNav on phone

(33 Posts)
fevertree Thu 08-Oct-20 19:52:34

Yes Google maps speaks! smile

Canalboatgranma Thu 08-Oct-20 19:50:47

On Google maps there is an icon of a microphone, touch to unmute/mute it.
Also make sure it is on the right setting, - drive, public transport or walking. I got very confused in Bath trying to find a restaurant until I realized I had it on 'drive' and not 'walking'

Luckygirl Thu 08-Oct-20 19:46:50

Ah, thank you - it sounds as though you are saying that google maps will give spoken directions. Have I got that right?

tanith Thu 08-Oct-20 19:41:13

Luckygirl you have to download google maps put your destination in then press start it will then start to give directions. That’s how it works on mine.

fevertree Thu 08-Oct-20 19:40:06

Luckygirl I use Google maps, put in the destination details, hit 'Directions', hit 'Start', make sure the volume on the phone is turned right up. I never even look at it. Today my phone fell into the passenger footwell and it just carried on directing me.

Luckygirl Thu 08-Oct-20 19:40:05

Do you know what app you have downloaded for a satnav? Or was it already in the phone? My phone is very new, but I cannot find anything relevant on it.

Beechnut Thu 08-Oct-20 19:38:24

On my phone Luckygirl when I press start the voice gives instructions and I make sure the volume is turned right up.

Luckygirl Thu 08-Oct-20 19:23:19

I would like to use my phone as a satnav, but I cannot find out how to do it with the voice directions. I do not want to be having to look at he phone screen while driving!

Any advice please?