Gransnet forums

Technology

i-pad wont connect to internet

(5 Posts)
Cabbie21 Thu 13-May-21 15:27:12

My i-pad keeps disconnecting from our wifi. Other devices in the house are working perfectly well, so it is not an internet problem or our router. I have tried turning the ipad on and off. clearing all network settings, turning wifi on and off, uploading the latest version of IOS, all to no avail. Or sometimes I might succeed but then it goes off again. It comes up with the message Incorrect password, even though I know 100% it is correctly entered.
It has made me realise just how much I use my i-pad, especially when watching TV.

Clio51 Thu 13-May-21 16:15:19

Have you got an iPhone also ? Or laptop ?
Get apple on chat, you have to give your IMEI no but they will guide you through
Just find this number 0800 048 0408

Marydoll Thu 13-May-21 16:16:40

My android tablet kept doing that, so I cleared all cookies, downloads etc and cleaned up the storage. I had so much rubbish on it. It seems to ahve done the trick.

I suppose you have already tried this??

Open Settings and tap General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. Enter your iPad passcode, then tap Reset Network Settings to confirm. Your iPad will turn off, perform the reset, then turn back on.

Cabbie21 Fri 14-May-21 23:17:18

I tried everything, including Reset Network. Eventually DH reset the router and it worked.

Scentia Fri 14-May-21 23:19:18

Have you cleared your history?