Gransnet forums

Technology

Trying to talk to Customer Services at Virgin Media.

(11 Posts)
Lovetopaint037 Fri 17-Sep-21 16:06:49

We had a technician attend in the middle of August. He said the terrible crackling on our phone line was because our cable was very old and over the years other cables had been installed and rubbed against it. Also there was some water/ants that needed to be cleared first before they could do a “re pull”. He booked for it to be done that afternoon and the cable man arrived but couldn’t do anything until cable area was cleared. He said he would then be straight down to do it. A week later two men arrived to do the clearing. We then had an appointment texted to say someone was coming the following Friday but no one arrived. Then another the following week but still no show. I am now really fed up and want to know what has gone wrong. When this problem with the phone arose I had spent a week in Intensive Care having had a seizure after an operation so with the terrible line and me feeling very weak my daughter who also had Virgin rang them and got the first appointment for the technician. Since then they have texted her and confirmed my address. Today again another “no show”so tried to do something on the 150 but can’t speak to a human. Everything is automated. They have run a check and it says a technician needs to attend. I wanted however to clear up whatever misunderstanding that has occurred over the matter as Virgin had used another firm to deal with it.
Any help appreciated as there appears to be no option for customer services.

Pittcity Fri 17-Sep-21 16:36:57

I always use the option "Thinking of leaving us" when ringing VM. It gets you through to a human being eventually.
Don't worry about it being the wrong option for you.

Cunco Fri 17-Sep-21 17:00:57

Hello, I feel your pain as I have been there too. I suggest you post your issue on the appropriate Virgin Media forum. I think you would have to register to do so but you can use an alias on the forum so you are not known to the public. These forums are monitored and eventually a VM monitor should respond and contact you through a private message facility on the forum. I have used this method myself and it has proved helpful. When my phone was dead for a while, an engineer was booked and I received a credit for the time I was without service. I cannot promise success but it is worth a try. The land line forum is community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/bd-p/Telephone and there are others for Virgin Media TV, broadband, mobile etc. Good luck!

hazel93 Fri 17-Sep-21 17:42:48

After this amount of time, which is totally unacceptable, contact the CEO directly.
Things move PDQ after that in my experience.

Lovetopaint037 Fri 17-Sep-21 18:16:08

Pittcity Thank you for that. A really good idea.

Grannynannywanny Fri 17-Sep-21 18:16:17

As Pittcity suggested select the “thinking of leaving” option on the automated list. On the odd occasion I’ve needed to phone I always find a helpful human there.

Last week I wanted to discuss my package and when I signed into my Virginmedia account an option popped up to do a live text chat. I was surprised how easy it was and the problem I had with my bill was resolved. I was on my mobile and took screenshots of the conversation in case I needed to refer to it later.

Sorry to read you’ve been so unwell. I hope you’re on the mend now. You could do without being messed around by Virgin.

Lovetopaint037 Fri 17-Sep-21 18:18:35

Cunco. That is brilliant I have taken a screen shot of your answers. Thank you.

Lovetopaint037 Fri 17-Sep-21 18:26:47

Thank you hazel93. Saving that.
The update is that after posting this they turned up. They couldn’t have been nicer and they had a real job on their hands as the old thin cable was replaced with a really thick one. They said ours had been at least 30 years old! They are emailing Virgin to connect up the new one which they say is a five minute job. Your replies are really useful and as said before they have been screen shot for future use. Thank you so much.

MerylStreep Fri 17-Sep-21 18:30:21

Virgin also keep a close eye on Trust pilot. I got a reply almost immediately after some scathing comments.

Lovetopaint037 Sat 18-Sep-21 08:43:35

Thank you MerylStreep. That is also useful. I often look at Trust Pilot when reviewing before purchases.

Lovetopaint037 Tue 21-Sep-21 18:46:03

Another update. The new cable has been laid and told that Virgin will have to connect it. Told it is a five minute job and they would expect them to come the next day when they email them to say the job has been done. Well no one has been here and not even a text or email to say when they are coming. So tomorrow morning I will have a go at ringing them on our dodgy phone. Otherwise I will endeavour to get into my Virgin Account and try a live chat as Grannynannywanny has suggested. I so miss a proper working landline. I have some important calls to make and fed up with it all. Since my seizure I have found it difficult to regain all my usual technology skills and even getting into my Virgin account is much harder than it used to be as I tend to feel panicky although I have regained a lot since coming home. It’s like I have to refit things in place which is gradually happening. I could so do without all this business with my phone.