Gransnet forums

Technology

Help!!

(18 Posts)
Mollybest1 Thu 21-Oct-21 12:20:13

Everytime I try to look at something on gransnet this page comes up and I can’t see anything.

dragonfly46 Thu 21-Oct-21 12:21:46

I get this and have emailed GNHQ with a screen shot. They are looking into it.

muse Thu 21-Oct-21 13:47:58

There’s a thread on site stuff too but HQ have acknowledged it but don’t seem to have done anything yet. I’ve had no reply at all to my email to them.

JackyB Thu 21-Oct-21 17:02:18

So how did you manage to post?

ixion Thu 21-Oct-21 17:06:09

www.gransnet.com/forums/site_stuff/1302343-Safe-Browsing-Site-Status?msgid=28990474

avensisdada Tue 26-Oct-21 12:18:34

I have the same problem too, still no solution?

showbox.red/ tutuapp.win/ mobdro.onl/

B9exchange Tue 26-Oct-21 12:22:23

Why not get rid of google as your default browser? Install Firefox or Edge, and use DuckDuckGo as your default search engine, and you won't have that problem - or all the tracking that goes with Google! grin

Calmlocket Wed 27-Oct-21 07:47:58

Me too, ?

Missedout Wed 27-Oct-21 10:49:02

The message you are getting from Google indicates that a link to a message/photo on Gransnet is potentially harmful. There are thousands of links posted by Gransnetters, goods and service providers daily. Google are showing you that they are keeping you safe! Good for them except it shows how closely your Internet use is monitored.

I agree with B9exchange, change your browser and search engine. Don't put all you safety concerns in Google's basket.

(Browser - allows you to get on to the Internet- a bit like allowing you into a world-sized market place.
Search engine - you use it to find what you are actually looking for.
The browser and search engine can be from different providers and needn't be Google. Some allow more privacy than others. B9exchange has listed a few - Apple own Safari browser and search engine.)

Don't neglect your device's security settings.

Blossoming Wed 27-Oct-21 11:23:17

I’m using Safari and I get that message too.

Calmlocket Wed 27-Oct-21 11:38:09

Im only getting this message on gransnet not any other sites I use.

MamaCaz Wed 27-Oct-21 11:45:37

I rarely search for something on Gransnet, but did so a couple of days ago and got that same message.

dragonfly46 Wed 27-Oct-21 11:50:29

HQ say it is a Google problem and they are looking into it. Changing your search engine does not help and I suspect it is only on Apple machines.
Missedout I feel that they are rather over zealously keeping us safe as we cannot access any searches on GN.
I too have not come across it anywhere else.

Calmlocket Wed 27-Oct-21 13:43:26

It isnt a google problem, google is picking up that gransnet is an unsafe website.

transparencyreport.google.com/safe-browsing/overview

dragonfly46 Thu 28-Oct-21 10:33:51

If that were the case Calmlocket why is it restricted to the Search and not the whole site?

Calmlocket Fri 29-Oct-21 11:03:41

dragonfly46

If that were the case Calmlocket why is it restricted to the Search and not the whole site?

Google scan websites for malware sites, they scan sections of the web index to identify potentially compromised websites. Then they test those sites by using a virtual machine to see if the machine gets infected. They use statistical models to identify phishing sites. Sometimes they do get false positives.

More info here

support.google.com/transparencyreport/answer/7380435?hl=en

EarleneFinch Tue 12-Apr-22 08:26:34

Thanks for the suggestions.

EarleneFinch Fri 22-Apr-22 09:44:24

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.