Gransnet forums

Technology

Facebook message 'temporarily banned'

(28 Posts)
Fleurpepper Wed 17-Aug-22 20:19:41

Last few days, this message has appeared on my FB page a few times. Has this happened to anyone else recently.

For absolutely no apparent reason. Thank you.

BlueBelle Wed 17-Aug-22 20:21:35

No I haven’t had any message like that

Fleurpepper Wed 17-Aug-22 20:32:47

The 'explanation' says

'It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast. You’ve been temporarily blocked from using it.'

which is nonsense.

crazyH Wed 17-Aug-22 20:34:05

No I haven’t had a message like that

Blossoming Wed 17-Aug-22 21:30:48

Lots of people seem to have been getting it, according to various support sites. Apparently if you repeat any actions quickly several times, a Facebook algorithm decides you’re a bot and blocks you! One man said he was just scrolling down his feed.

Fleurpepper Wed 17-Aug-22 21:33:32

Wow- thank you. I am glad to hear I am not alone.

If anyone gets anymore info on this, I'd be grateful. Is that a new thing?

Blossoming Wed 17-Aug-22 21:36:49

It seems to be quite new, does it give you any option to appeal? It should disappear after a while, though I don’t know how long. I just think it’s silly, AI telling a person they’re acting like AI …

Fleurpepper Wed 17-Aug-22 21:40:11

There is an option to comment- but no idea what happens next.

MayBee70 Thu 18-Aug-22 01:14:56

I’ve just had a post removed that I posted in January. It was just an article about a Swedish boat that had sank and was perfectly preserved. I’m totally baffled by it.

BlueBelle Thu 18-Aug-22 07:50:59

What feature was it referring too fleur ?

BlueBelle Thu 18-Aug-22 07:51:41

Could you have been hacked .?

Fleurpepper Thu 18-Aug-22 08:47:17

BlueBelle

What feature was it referring too fleur ?

Well that is the point- there is no indication at all.

Wheniwasyourage Thu 18-Aug-22 09:24:47

I joined Facebook so as to find out what was going on locally as we no longer have a local paper. FB threw me out but wouldn't say what for, and there seemed to be no way of finding out. All I had done was look at a couple of local pages and liked a few totally non-controversial posts on them. Still don't know what they threw me out for!

Fleurpepper Thu 18-Aug-22 16:36:23

How very strange.

However, in this case, it is different as many seem to be getting that message, just for scrolling fast, or comenting on a variety of threads.

I am glad to hear I am not the only one, and that it is happening to large numbers out there. Re-assuring at least.

Babs758 Thu 18-Aug-22 16:55:08

I also got banned for typing too fast and therefore being a “Bot”!

Fleurpepper Thu 18-Aug-22 17:06:26

I certainly typed too fast here 'commented'!

PaperMonster Thu 18-Aug-22 21:46:01

I had this about six months ago, but only if I was using FB on my phone.

Normandygirl Thu 18-Aug-22 22:08:42

Yes, I got put in Facebook jail for " not adhering to terms and conditions" I was only looking at furniture for sale and I hadn't written or posted anything at all. Apparently I can appeal within 30 days. I presume I will then be "on parole" grin

Blossoming Thu 18-Aug-22 22:43:13

I had a post removed for quoting ‘an unverifiable statement’. I’d shared one of Facebook’s own posts …

Allsorts Sat 22-Oct-22 07:44:55

I would like to go on Facebook, mystified by how I could maintain privacy though. Understand it’s difficult to leave.

BlueBelle Sat 22-Oct-22 08:14:23

It’s easy to maintain privacy allsorts you only invite people you know well to see your time line wether it’s one person or a hundred you chose who s part of your friendship that’s as private as can be

BlueBelle Sat 22-Oct-22 08:14:46

You come on here and all the world and his wife can see what you post

kircubbin2000 Sat 22-Oct-22 09:03:36

Certain words trigger it too. Local rescue talked about killing fleas and was suspended for a bit. Also posting the same animal twice was suspect as they thought illegal selling was going on.

Jackiest Sat 22-Oct-22 09:04:59

I think facebook is using AI to decide these things and AI is not that inteligent in fact it can be very dim at times.

paddyann54 Sat 22-Oct-22 09:18:25

Dont criticise the WM government I got a msg saying my post was outwith FB boundaries ...from what I've seen over 90% of folk on my feed think the same as me! Oh and I had one post pulled for sharing an Independence event thats on today ...I cant go because I'm ill .Now I cant ask others to go either .
FREEDOM OF SPEECH?
Mind you...still not as bad as the guy who was arrested because the police thought /suspected he was going to a protest ! He was actually going to a wedding fair !