Gransnet forums

Travel

New Year Break.

(7 Posts)
supermum48 Wed 24-Aug-11 16:48:48

Does any body know a hotel that does good, reasonably priced New Year breaks? Ideally it would be in the North or Midlands. We would be looking for dinner, dancing and overnight stay. I am fed up with nothing happening on New Year's Eve and would like to get organised this year.

glammanana Wed 24-Aug-11 17:00:00

supermummany of the hotel's in Liverpool do the full package if you "Google" you will come up with a nice selection,the city is viberant at that time of the year as you have all the river traffic sounding their hooter's and in the morning you can take in a stroll on the dockside or visit Albert Dock and Liverpool 1.

Gally Wed 24-Aug-11 17:09:48

Supermum - you should try anything in Scotland - we know how to 'do' Hogmanay here! I have spent a few miserable New Year's as far apart as Sussex and Sydney and always like to be north of the Border at that time of year. wine

glammanana Wed 24-Aug-11 17:53:05

Gally my pal has just invited DH and I for short break just after New Year we are really looking forward to it,my pal live's in Glasgow so we should have a good time.

Gally Wed 24-Aug-11 18:25:54

glammanana smile No sooner said than done - you will have a ball!

Divawithattitude Wed 24-Aug-11 18:52:23

Stayed at a Q Hotel at the weekend and they have some good deals for New Years Eve and the hotels seem very nice, may be worth a look.

susiecb Thu 25-Aug-11 09:51:06

There are a couple of very nice places in Rutland Hambleton hall and Stapleford Park just of the A1- pricey though - how about a spa break at Ragdale Hall juts outside Melton Mowbray?