Gransnet forums

Travel

Perranporth

(5 Posts)
susiecb Thu 08-Sep-11 14:42:17

Lovely thank you for your help off to pack nowsmile

glassortwo Thu 08-Sep-11 14:13:11

You will enjoy Rick Stein restaurant and the fish and chips are good too, the tartare sauce especially, but John Burton Race knocked spots off Stein but I enjoyed them both in their own way, have a great time susie

lucid Thu 08-Sep-11 11:10:50

www.thebonsainursery.com/ here's a link to their website .... and it is near St Mawgan.

lucid Thu 08-Sep-11 11:08:23

We went to Heligan last year and had a lovely time - do take sturdy footwear if you're going to do the Jungle Route it can be quite slippery but well worth the trek. We spent a whole day there and still felt that we could have stayed longer. We also went to The Eden Project....you don't have to go into the domes, they are only a part of the complex of Eden...there is lots more to see, especially if you are a keen gardener. I have to say that from a gardening perspective we enjoyed Heligan more.
If you do enjoy gardens I recommend The Japanese Gardens near St Columb Major (I think) ...very peaceful and beautifully planted. I'll check to see where it is exactly for you. smile

susiecb Thu 08-Sep-11 10:05:08

Off to Perranporth tomorrow for a week so any recoemmendations would be gratefully recived as I am unfamilair with this area. Did Marazion last year so have done all that area (not to say I wont go there agin this year) but nice to have some recs. I am going to The Lost Gardens of Heligan but not the Eden Project after fainting in the greenhouses at Kew a few years ago and padstow for some Rick Stein Paul Ainsworth sustenance. i am looking for a nice piece of artwork for the hall and stairs something bright and big preferably abstarct of coloured glass so any gallery recs would also be good. Hopefully I will be tuning in on the wi fismile