Gransnet forums

Travel

Dublin

(8 Posts)
numberplease Tue 27-Sep-11 21:14:44

Can anyone tell me if a passport is needed to visit Dublin, please?

glammanana Tue 27-Sep-11 22:13:13

Have asked DD whose pal work's at John Lennon L'pool and she said it depends on the airline,you should be able to travel on photo ID as there is an arrangment between UK and Eire,but she said from experience Easy Jet insist on Passport's all the time,but Ryan Air will let you go with photo ID,so I would say best take Passport as you never know if the rule's change on the day.

Sbagran Tue 27-Sep-11 22:13:57

We went on a coach tour UK to Killarney in July and didn't need a passport. We were uncertain with it being Southern Ireland (as opposed to Northern Ireland being part of UK) and checked with several other travel agents to make sure our coach company weren't mistaken. All said no but take some photo ID (driving licence or something) - weren't asked for ID anywhere during our trip.
Seems odd though doesn't it! hmm confused

numberplease Wed 28-Sep-11 16:14:53

We don`t have current passports, and it seems a lot of expense for just a weekend, which is why I asked. If we can get away with photo ID, the only thing I have with a photo is my bus pass, and hubby likewise, his driving license doesn`t have a photo on it.

jonssmith3 Fri 24-Feb-12 08:08:42

Message deleted by Gransnet.

bagitha Fri 24-Feb-12 08:11:26

reported

glassortwo Fri 24-Feb-12 08:12:46

Me too all the old travel threads have been dragged up again.

bagitha Fri 24-Feb-12 08:15:10

They ought to recognise jonssmith at registratiion by now!