Gransnet forums

Travel

Disneyland Paris

(4 Posts)
Scribblinggranny Sat 08-Oct-11 15:54:51

I plan to take my daughter, granddaughter (age 6) and myself to Disneyland Paris and ideally would like a room for the two of them and a seperate one for me (a little privacy is no bad thing!) The cost is prohibitive even for my daughter and granddaughter as all rooms are based on two adults sharing with a child. What about single parents? If there is just one adult and one child the price shoots sky high which seems very unfair in a world where many young parents are on their own. Has anyone had any experience of this problem and is there any way round it?

shysal Sat 08-Oct-11 17:35:29

I have had similar problems travelling as a single person. You pay a huge supplement for a single room which is tiny and overlooks the dustbins. I prefer to stay in an apartment, but most of them do not even give the option of under occupancy. I am just resigned to the high prices. In fact I have lost the desire to go on holiday since I retired - life is one long holiday!
Some companies offer no supplements for one parent families, you may find one if you search, but it will not be on site at Disneyland.Like you I prefer my own accommodation when travelling with family.

shysal Sat 08-Oct-11 17:35:48

I have had similar problems travelling as a single person. You pay a huge supplement for a single room which is tiny and overlooks the dustbins. I prefer to stay in an apartment, but most of them do not even give the option of under occupancy. I am just resigned to the high prices. In fact I have lost the desire to go on holiday since I retired - life is one long holiday!
Some companies offer no supplements for one parent families, you may find one if you search, but it will not be on site at Disneyland.Like you I prefer my own accommodation when travelling with family.

shysal Sat 08-Oct-11 19:17:16

Sorry, don't know how I managed to post twice!